Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

ej25 s14?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

I meant sweet as in a swap that was able to actually be done lol. While it would be a waste of cash, its still the concept of "someone did it" syndrome that drives some people to do the impossible.

But yeah, conjuring power out of an EJ25 can become costly. Might as well build up a 4-500 hp SR20 or drop an LS2 in there for less.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 PM

i searched through the forums on here and didnt find anything about an sti engine going in a 240 before i made this thread, maybe i missed it i dont no, and iv been doing alot of asking around and from iv gathered and from you guys have said the engine will fit into the engine bay, but the cost and amount of fabrication would be so high that it would considerably outweigh the amount of power and overall useability. ALTHOUGH i would love to see this swap happen but i just simply dont have the resources(money) to do it and i still think it would be worth it just because its never been done before
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Yeah so, even if you did it, and you spent say . . . 8500 on the swap, what would be the point? To say it's never been done before until now will do what? Get you put in a magazine . . .probably not . . .get you recognized on a few forums, who cares? It's not just the money involved it's the practicality, not to mention that once it's in, none of the boltons will probably work for your car so it's all gonna be internal work (read building the engine) and even more custom fabrication (read more money) just to get any decent power out of the 2.5l.

All of that when you could have just turboed the KA and wiped the floor with someone who spent a ton of cash on some one-off swap just to say "I did it"
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
All of that when you could have just turboed the KA and wiped the floor with someone who spent a ton of cash on some one-off swap just to say "I did it"
... or an American V8 with gobbs of torque. But yeah, the cost far outweigh the product. Its a simple business model really. I have an SR waiting to be a heart transplant for the next car I find.

I had discussed it in a thread somewhere on here a long time ago, like 5-6 years ago. But the title had no mention of it, I just brought it up during the discussions, and I think it was either Dave, Donnie or Ryan that said the cost was too much back then.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 AM

ooo ok thats prolly y i missed it, and u could still do bolts on and what not, but ALL the electronics would be custom already and would be a real ***** for just about anything you need to do, after a while it would just get super annoying, and some things would just require even more fabrication like u said USMCdrifter
thanks for the input though guys much appreciated!
Old 12-19-2016, 03:57 PM

Bump 10 years

Ok, So I have wanted to do this swap for a while, basically since I was in high school, I'm now 27 and out of the military. I acquired the Subaru engine through my shop doing a JDM engine swap for someone. The car was my brother-in-laws who didn't have time for it. It was an oem bone stock ka24de 1991 car. I want to start a fab shop as a side project so I'm getting started in my garage. I am otherwise an a&p helicopter mech. So now that that is out of the way I will post up some pictures. This is by no means an entry level swap. Also, I know there are some nay sayers out there and I would appreciate any and all of that to remain out of this thread unless there is some intellect behind it. I don't care for v8 swapped anything so that's why I didn't do it. I think it's cheap and easy.

Will update with pictures shortly.

[URL=http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/SamCar240/media/IMG_1852_zps3tx6mvwb.jpg.html][IMG]