Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

project 530sx...V8 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM

project 530sx...V8 swap

Hey guys. I'll save the story, but a few days ago i cam across an S13 roller that I couldn't pass up. 1989, 80xxxmi, clean pull and all.

Pics (sorry for the ****ty quality, ill get more soon)

Now, I know I have a few options as far as a drive train goes, but I've decided to go with a SBC swap. I'm well versed with american cars, and have done plenty of swaps, but nothing like this. I've done a lot of reading on this, and it doesn't seem to be too difficult.

Here's what I'm planning

305 chevy with some bolt ons(still deciding between TPI or Carb'd)
T-5 from an 88 'maro
**I'm fabbing the motor mounts myself, and i plan on modifying the stock cross member to work with the T5.

That's about all I have planned so far, I figure out exhaust and what not when I get to that point. Please don't try and suggest an LS swap, I've done enough research and they're far out of my price range, and I HATE computers.

**Now, here come the questions...

Like I said, I plan on fabbing my mounts similar to these(see below). I've seen a few kinds on line, and I noticed that some of them are L/R specific(see second picture), which makes sense. I'm just wondering if anybody has the dimensions for stock S13 mounts, and the amount they differ by? I can wait and get the measurements my self, but it doesn't hurt to ask first

Well, I guess that's it for now. There's definitely more to come haha.

Thanks
Eric