General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Post Your Best 240 Moment Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM

My best moment would have to be the night I drove it home from GA to NY after I bought it 2 weeks ago. Drove over 800 miles in 11 driving hrs. In VA ran along a Gen 3 Accord, G35, and Evo VIII. 4 of us ran hard from VA to MD. Never knew that car could handle like that stock. Totally different from my 5speed Acura Legend with sus mods. had a lot of fun for that hour or so glad I was safe. Evo got off early. I got off in MD for gas and an hour nap. Car very impressive can't wait to do major work. 1 week later lost control making a turn, kept fishtaillin and got control. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 AM

Practicing my powerslides/donuts in an empty lot after 2 inches of snow came down in Albany NY this past weekend, and watching as a CRX futily tried to copy me. Oh yea, the half dozen or so onlookers we flattering, at about 1 AM.

Last edited by Timeless240; 12-09-2004 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:41 AM

O! I have a great story from when my car still worked! (BTW - I got her back all fixed now!)

I got cut off in my own friggin parking lot in my appt complex. The guy had three girls in his Honda Accord, not sure what year. (It's a HONDA! Not like I study that POS')

I waited and waited as we both drove down the same road and I couldnt get around him.

I was heading to wendy's and made a left onto US-41 (the main road in Ft Myers) and FINALLY got lined up at a stop light with him, all the girls were laughing from when he cut me off I assume, light goes green, and they got to see the *** of my car as I smoked his new accord.....

as I made my turn into the parking lot, I looked as they rode by not turning their heads to see my victoy glare
Old 12-09-2004, 06:28 AM

Originally posted by Darchangel

as I made my turn into the parking lot, I looked as they rode by not turning their heads to see my victoy glare
Funny how not funny getting your a$$ beat and humiliated can be.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

my best would have to be the first time i got sideways ill never forget thet feeling
Old 12-10-2004, 12:35 PM

even though i haven't been able to drive my car yet(i've had it since august ) my best memory is lookin in the paper and seeing a 240 for $600. When my dad and i went to look at it we got him down to $575 because they were moving to Florida that week. But even better then that is i picked up a motor, tranny, drivetrain, and some other stuff for only $40, thats right $40!! Nothing is wrong with anything!! I love my discount 240...things are finally goin' right
Old 12-10-2004, 01:32 PM

I love my discount 240 ...things are finally goin' right
Wow, thats awesome. Hope things just keep getting better too. By the way that should be your name. Its kind of catchy.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Contributing Member

dude, saweet, in LA there is no such thing as a discount 240 anymore, kidna sad in retrospect, haha nice catch though
Old 12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Contributing Member

i have to add one more thing to my moment. i am the only one around for like 30-45 miles that owns a 240/silvia. ITS SWEET. everyone always asks me what kind of car i drive, and i reply back proud as hell. A 240 *****!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:23 PM

yea i'm the only one in my area with a 240. Just two days ago someone asked me what kind of car it was. I said with a smile "nissan 240sx" and they asked what year? I said "1995" and he replied back with "I'd rather be driving that" while he rolled away in his Escalade. Made me feel awsome to own a 240.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Contributing Member

exactly. i have a 98, pearl white. in progress with an sr swap, fatty intercooler, and all that stuff. Its nice. original KA motor onyl had 60k miles on it
Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 PM

my best time I had in my 240sx was when I raced a honda CRX. He said he had an intake and exhaust. I raced him. He got me off the line but then at about 50 I blew by him like he was standing still. I guess he was embarrased so he turned off as soon as I passed him. Now to turn things around the worst time I had in my 240sx was when I was drifting in an empty parking lot and I spun out and hit a bush and a wheelbarrow that was behind the bush. Still haven't fixed the dent.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

COME ON PEOPLE>>> LETS HEAR THE GOOD STUFF. raed all of the above, thats good stuff. i want to hear more.

drifts, races, smokey burnouts, ect...
Old 12-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

I was about to say "when I beat an FC3S uphill in touge" but then I started thinking more about it, and this is my best moment so far:

The day I bought the car, me and a couple friends drove from my house (near Los Angeles-ish) all the way to Chandler Arizona (about 10 minutes east of Pheonix)Picked up the car, drove back home the same day... we had left at about 9am so we all got a little sleepy halfway home... and then this car (some American coupe, forgot what it was but it was at least a V6) started speeding with us on the freeway.

What timing - this all started right when the sun was going down, and right when we were heading into the Basin/Ridge region of the Arizona/California border. The 10 freewya runs though here, and it's usually 3 lanes but at the time there was construction going on in the mountains so it was reduced to 2 lanes.

So our "friendly race" worked its way up through the mountains. Mind you this was the first time I drove the 240sx and I wasn't used to how it reacted yet, but here I was racing through the mountains. Once we passed the kea, it was all downhill, and with each second that passed I felt more comfortable with the car. We came up to the tight section, and I lost the American coupe after about 5 turns.

So the best moment of that whole day wasn't the 5 hour drive to 100+ weather. It wasn't the 110+mph open highway blasts we were doing to test the car out. It wasn't even the 30 minute mountain "run" with my friends in their Integra and that American coupe.

It was right after the last turn, American coupe nowhere to be seen behind me, and me sitting alone in my car, with no radio, and the biggest smile on my face
Old 12-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

^^ now that is what dreams are made off, just you and your car and the open road.....*sigh*

Quick Reply: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here