Rb26dett S13 Vs Big Singled Supras

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:30 PM

Cool Rb26dett S13 w/big single opinions

Hey guy's, I have damn near read every thread in the motorswap section and I have a mass of knowledge now! I won't bore you guys with stupid questions but I will ask for varied opinions.

The rb26dett is similar to the 2jz-gte in a lot of ways. We all know that stock block 2jz's can hit past 900 over again. It seems like the genreal consensus on this forum is that the rb26 is no good for more than 600whp on stock block. From my experience being stationed in germany. Alot of guys would pcs from japan to germany and bring back gt-r's since no conversion is needed. From all the info I gathered from them, they say it's common to see GT-R'S in japan making well over 600 on the stock block as well.

Now with that being said, I would like to make a highway beast that can crush supra's, ford gt's, etc.

I would think that a rb26 with a big single turbo in a s13 chassis would be a beast provided you had a killer suspension to hook up when racing from a roll or dig w/slicks. I do understand that the weight of the s-13 and spinning for days would be a constant threat due to how much power I want to make. Money is no issue and I've been contemplating this swap for a while now and want to do it wright(suspension being the first priority).

I do, however; want to make the most power off the stock block first and then go ahead and bulid it when it blows. This car will be striclty a highway monster but I'd like to have a suspension that would work both for serious top-end and for that occasional dig race for those cats that don't want a roll race.

I could care less about being different because 99% of the time my hood will not be open to the public, but big numbers are what im thinking and yes the rb25det is stout but I want to go with what's been proven time and time again in japan. I'm not saying the rb25 isn't proven, but we all know what the rb26 can do as far as big numbers.

So what would you guys do if you want a top-end beast?

I want to do a big single rb26 powered s-13 with a SOLID SUSPENSION. Oh yeah, There will have to be custom gearing in the rb25 transmission to be up there with the supra's and ford gt's as well.

Please provide me with some educated opinions please.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by swing lo; 01-05-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 AM

Damn, nobody?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:11 AM

Awesome idea man! I want to be able to crush Supra's too, but i need a daily driver that doesnt spin the tires when you look at the throttle too hard. Just kidding, but anyway, I know Full Race has a single turbo manifold and they have alot of turbo options. Just check out their website (full-race.com). They have a Single turbo manifold with a T4 and flanged for an ex. wastegate. Just get a big turbo and your set to take out those stupid overrated supras. haha. oh and do you see alot of those ford GT's where you live? I've only seen one of them in my entire life haha.

Last edited by AZdrifterS13; 01-06-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 AM

You've got to be kidding me! AZdrifter thanks for the info.

But can I get any more feedback than this?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:21 PM

what info are you looking for? you should be more specific. do you want to know every single engine component, and suspension stuff or what??
Old 01-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Well in that case:

Since I want this car to be a top-end monster, I know the power to weight ratio is there already.

1) What suspension would suffice the best traction possible for an 800whp rb26 s-13?

2) Being that the rb25 tranny is 5-speed, what gearing would you guys recommend to make the rb25's tranny close to that of a supra's(I would guess copy a supra's ratio's). I just need to make sure that this car will run at close or better than 200mph.

I already have a couple of ideas and suspension choices but I wanted some other opinions as well.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:01 PM

Well for suspension it depends. Since your gonna be more freeway racing, and not planning on autoX or anythings like that, you need something that has good weight transfer to the rear. A stiff racing suspension wouldnt do you any good because it would keep all the weight up front. For the trans, i have no idea...haha sorry i dont know that much about trans gearing.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:19 AM

Moderators close this thread please

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life

If you try to go 200 mph on a highway, you deserve to get in accident and die
Old 01-07-2007, 10:19 AM

Moderators close this thread please

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life

If you try to go 200 mph on a highway, you deserve to get in an accident and die
Old 01-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Please keep your negative opinions to yourself. I have broke no rules and only asking for imput for a project I want to do. I want it to be well thought out which is why I do a lot of research and apart of that research was coming here to get more feedback thatn what i already have.

I not here to argue with you nor will I. I you can't contribute anything than leave the thread.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 PM

Hey swing, have you seen the HKS DRAG coilovers??
Old 01-08-2007, 08:39 AM

Yes I have but being that their coil overs are(chassis/engine) specific it might be a problem. I'm going to call HKS today and talk to them about my project and possibly a custom coil-over to match the added weight of the rb. Probably give tein a call as well.

Thanks man.

Last edited by swing lo; 01-08-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:40 AM

So you are telling me that you don't see anything wrong with going "200 mph" on a highway with other cars?

At 200 mph, if you hit a small bump in the road, it's like peace out....

Even with a well designed suspension, if you plan on going that fast, I suggest you invest in some serious components that will add downforce, because at 200 mph, with no wings, if you hit a bump, you are gonna flip your car over and get airborne
Old 01-08-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by jspaeth
So you are telling me that you don't see anything wrong with going "200 mph" on a highway with other cars?

At 200 mph, if you hit a small bump in the road, it's like peace out....

Even with a well designed suspension, if you plan on going that fast, I suggest you invest in some serious components that will add downforce, because at 200 mph, with no wings, if you hit a bump, you are gonna flip your car over and get airborne
Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 PM

Hey what you dont realize jspaeth, is that this guy is not an idiot. He knows what he is doing, he is just looking for some different perspectives and ideas. He doesnt need you on here telling him he is dumb and deserves to die. if you dont agree with him then press the back button and look at a different thread. Im sticking up for him cause people did the same thing to me on one of my threads. its really annoying.

Quick Reply: Rb26dett S13 Vs Big Singled Supras