Road Race/AutoX If you like road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

tryin to cut weight for autox

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
PS: SCCA Spec Miata drivers are also faster than NASA Spec Miata drivers. However, the NASA has SPec Focus, Neon and E30 . . .WOOT!
Don't forget the scca was the first with the 300HP GT3 KA24e.

What I don't like about SCCA is all the modification restrictions. It doesn't really allow a driver, engineer, or builder to expand what the OEM market has to offer.

NASA on the other hand has less restrictions on most engine classes, and builds.

NASA wins because of diversity.

Restrictions and to many rule regulations are killing the SCCA. I'm 30 years old, and obviously an older dude to the drifting and autox scene. I don't really see it as being a younger crowd thing, I see it more as an evolving to the demands of most motor sports enthusiasts.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

i have not personally delt with nasa so i cant speak on this. scca seems to be different per region. not rules but just the way that people at the events do things. the WDCR is very nice and we have some of the biggest fastest courses.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
NASA is better, SCCA is dieing.

well i just checked and there is no arizona region of NASA-X, they tried to start one a few years back but it died out very quickly. and as far as SCCA dying im afraid i would have to disagree, the SCCA board keeps saying they are slowing growing more and more, and i know that personally our arizona region has more and more racers showing up to each event every year.

one good thing i have say about NASA though is that i really like their classing system (better than SCCA's classing system), being able to decide what mods you want to use your "points" on is a really great idea to determine what class you want to be in. and i think it allows a wider variety of cars to be in a single class (i.e. say maybe unmod'ed v8's against heavily mod'ed 4 bangers). and its nice to just have 10 classes, vs the like 25 classes of SCCA

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
Don't forget the scca was the first with the 300HP GT3 KA24e.

What I don't like about SCCA is all the modification restrictions. It doesn't really allow a driver, engineer, or builder to expand what the OEM market has to offer.
haha, i just read this after i posted. so once again "WERD", i agree 100%

Last edited by Biggamehit; 12-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.