Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Mad-ass's Progress thread [Lots of pictures], 1995 Nissan 240sx Base Auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

wheels look fine, i think its your lack of smaller tires and spacers you dont like. Clean s14 tho.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

How much will you be selling your wheels for once you get your new ones?

Also, what is all you need for a 5-lug conversion, i know there is a write up somewhere, but im to tired to look.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
wheels look fine, i think its your lack of smaller tires and spacers you dont like. Clean s14 tho.
i have same size tires all around.

Toyo Proxies in front, Bridgestone S-03's in rear.
224/45/18

yes, i know, they are hella ****ing huge. but free "NEW" tires in front = FTMFW and..well..the S-03's were hella ****ing cheap and good tires as well..so yeah
but it fills the wheel base really good..

I will be flushing out the rear, but front's i can't flush cuz of wrong sized tires. i will be herra flushed when the time comes with right set of wheels

Originally Posted by shaban
How much will you be selling your wheels for once you get your new ones?

Also, what is all you need for a 5-lug conversion, i know there is a write up somewhere, but im to tired to look.
I am not selling those. Thanks for the offer though. I bought it for $360 with fresh new tires in front, and about 50% in rear for "fair" condition wheels. yes..hella ****ing cheap! the wheels them selves go for $600 easy on G35/350Z sites. If i was to sell it, i already have a buyer Local. shipping those wheels are *****.

Originally Posted by 94Boy
YO i would just do performance parts for now. That car do not need any Aero kits it looks good like that
thanks for the compliment on my stock *** base S14?
yeah, I won't do any body work until I am fairly "happy" with how my car performs on track/when i get better at drifting.

current..things i have in list to do before I do any exterior work are..

-Nardi/NRG steering wheel setup
-Z32 brakes
-strut front/rear
-front/rear chassis brases
-all control arms including TC
-Sway bar[yes, base model don't have any. perhaps that's why i suck at drifting? haha]
-FULL blown KA-T build.
-new rear sub frame. custom made with extra strength. w3rd.

THEN...

-Crystal Clear headlamp lenses/projector retrofit.
-Advan RS's in black chrome [17x9 +12 front, 18x10 +12 rear]
-Vertex Lang

****..that's about $11,000 worth of parts and stuff...

I will get there some day..probably by early next year. as I am spending literary every single penny i earn into this sucker.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM

as for 5lug conversion..Assuming you have a S14 as well..

If you have ABS, you'll need to get the ABS 5lug front hub from Nissan.

and this is the route I took.

I don't have ABS[I absolutely hate ABS with passion]. so it is straight forward swap.

Front 5lug hub's with wheel bearings.
Rear 5lug hub's with wheel bearings.
more lug nuts to accommodate the 4 more lugs you'll have on your car. I just got some open end Mutaki black tuner lug nuts.

I bought all those front Phase2Motortrend. I sent them a e-mail and they replied with this.

We carry Front OEM S14 5lug hubs stock. and also, for the rear, we also have rear wheel bearings in stock, how ever, you have two options. you can either get the Circuit sports rear S13 5lug conversion hub[it's same for S13 and S14 for the rear hubs], or get Nissan OEM rear hubs. but you'll want to use new wheel bearing because you'll have to press out the rear wheel bearings and those go bad all the time when you press them out.

my total cost of this swap was about $600. but yes, you can get this done for cheaper price, buy things used. but..i have all new stuff, so gotta pay to play fair

let me know if you want me to send you a link to those products i bought.

i also bought Circuit sports OEM replacement 60mm Long studs for the front hubs to accommodates the rear's, and i was also planning on slip on spacers, so i bought those $5 a piece, so that's $50 alone [10 front lug bots].
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 PM

Sup man, nice build so far... I think I was the one who woke you up when you were sleeping in your car at Thunderdrift cuz your head lights were left on.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

hahah i ran those wheels for a while.

they are on my friends cressida because, well, they are his wheels.

except they are painted neon green.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by mestizo
Sup man, nice build so far... I think I was the one who woke you up when you were sleeping in your car at Thunderdrift cuz your head lights were left on.
oh yeah..I had to have my lights on in order to have my cig lighter port to be powered at the time.[stupid previous two owners messed it up really good] and i had to keep my phone on[i was on call at work] so i had no other choice. but good looking out though man.

and thanks. it's not bad so far i think..

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
hahah i ran those wheels for a while.

they are on my friends cressida because, well, they are his wheels.

except they are painted neon green.
ooh, i want to see this wheel in neon green. haha
Old 02-14-2008, 09:46 AM

Pic from the weekend. it's hella weak. I wonder where my spacers disappeared to...

Note to self. don't let friends barrow your spacers so they "can test fit and get some" too

Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Nice ride man, I like the wheels. I am also curious as to the sun roof, it's not a stock SE roof, it goes out the top instead of into the roof, what is it?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet background. Must be fun to have roads like that.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM

That's Mtn. Diablo. about 30 min drive from where I live. and from the bottom to peak of the mountain takes about 20 mins to drive.

2~3rd gear roads + 70+ corners = Win

I have more pictures, tell me if you guys want it and i'll post'em.

as far as my sunroof goes, it's not OEM for sure. I didn't put it in the car, so I don't know where it came from. but I have seen couple of other S14's with same sunroof before, and they also don't know where to get it. so basically, i am **** out of luck if that thing ever brakes. sad huh?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM

That color is ALL most the same as my room lol. But it is looking good
Old 02-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member

Dude post pictures of the twisties, so that I can be jealous.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Long time no update! this all happened about two 3 wheels ago..but here it is for you guys.

The long waited Pictures!!!

Alright, I hooked up the horn button with the Pen clip and I got creative as usual and made it simple and easy installation.

And..It just seems like the blue signal cancel ring is too big for my hub. WTF?!? I am going to super glue that ***** to the hub or something..I tried to put it in the grooves for 40 mins, and I ****ing gave up. I was getting used to the manual signal canceling anyways. **** is ****ing gay as all hell...WTF ****SKI.

and I also installed new radio bazel/trim!! mine was in about 5 different pieces, you can see the picture of it if you go look at my HVAC DIY. Now, my interior looks more "complete" because of solid radio trim face

and also installed the manual ECU in hopes that the check engine light will go off, but ****..no luck. I mma take it to autozone tomorrow to get it scanned and find out wtf is wrong.

yesterday, I installed White line Rear Swaybar, Circuitsports RUCA, T3 TC Rod and pushed my G35 rims out 7mm all corners. so now it's at 23+ offset with 18x8/225/45/18's. Not that I am going to be rolling on those as soon as my wheels come in, but I wanted to see if i'll have any rubbing problems with simuler offset on the new wheel. so far so good, no problemo. I think i'll flush them out even more tomorrow, atleast the rears :P

When I first put the shift **** in the car, I thought it was going to be really rediclous to shift the car, but WHOA!!! it's actually really comfortable beacause now it sits right next to the steering wheel and I don't have to second guess grap the shift ****. and fits in my hand very well. MY SHIFT **** IS ****ING GANGSTER AS ****!!!!

oh, and as advertised long time ago, I has a Zebra cloth as my shift boot. I've had it like that since January when I got the 5spd swap done.

aaah, my car is balling out of control at the moment to me. hahahaha.

oh, NR-G 350mm Deep Corn steering wheel, HELLA COMFORTABLE!!!! soft grip, no ****ty stiching either. aaaaah, i love my car.

Tomorrow, rear wheel bearing change. I've been meaning to do that for long time now...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:35 AM

14th, July 08

So, I went to Thunder Hill Race Ways, Willows CA for Thunder Drift event this weekend.

Some pics

Yes, I Tantemed this weeked. And guess what, my first time drifting a manual car as well. BOOYA!!

and I decided to pop some tires

hella ****ing shreded

Popped

My car and the event host's S13

fun weekend over all. killed full set of tires.

Coming soon, new car.

Quick Reply: Mad-ass's Progress thread [Lots of pictures], 1995 Nissan 240sx Base Auto