Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

My homemade cowl hood

Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Project Cheap13
Well, that is your opinion, so be it.
I know what I COULD have done. It was far from "fine" as a stock hood.
It is also "stock" because I have only had about $600 to spend on the car..I do have a family & bills to pay.

sorry..for what? It's your opinion & you are entitled to it. I do not get offended at all about what people say about my vehicles. I do it because I want to, that is all. If people get ignorant, I just do not bother responding to them.
Don't like it, don't look at it. That is my view.

i respect that totally bro. keep the diy coming along...if you wanna pick up another project you should do some led taillights...now that would be sick i like that you are building it for you...not anyone else...thats something everyone should respect.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

It couldnt have waited & yes the hood is REALLY beat. I am repainting the car either this week or next. So I am trying to get all the bodywork done.
Remember the hood looked like this when I got it. It has been crushed, tweaked, bent, bondoed, welded, ect.

The LED tails are a possibility. A clear lens w/ clear L.E.D.'s that lights up colored is what I was thinking. Possibly having the brake lights either say 240sx, or just the Nissan Symbol.
I dunno the possibilities are endless.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 PM

Cool cause it DIY. In my opinion you should buy a stock and redo this, only instead of doing the whole cowl, just make the end towards the windshield flip up like you have it and mount the guages like that. would different and be pretty cool.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

not only do cowl hoods not belong on 240's...but that is just plain hideous..

my opinion so i know it doesnt matter what i think

but i guess good job for the diy part
Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

cowl hoods do not belong on 90% of the cars they are on anyway, the 240 is no different.

Why is it so bad, because it is a 4 cylinder?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 PM

i think it's bad cause it has pop-ups.

maybe i'm wrong.

plus, it's too domestic-style, if there is such a thing.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

its bad because people are going to think that its going to be a lsx or something..then find out thats its just a ka24e

i mean, personaly, i think that its ugly..

second, why?

and lastly its just that cowl hoods are lame as ****
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

People are not going to think anything. They already know what it has...Plus I could care less. There may be 4-5 LSx powered cars in this entire country. Most people here have never even seen a V8 in real life. 14's in the 1/4 is considered fast.

If anyone of you lived here in Panama you would understand. They do $1000 custom fiberglass enclosures to fix 10-12 6x9" speakers in TAXI's meanwhile their kids are going hungry.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

yea there are a hell of a lot more than 4-5 ls powered s chassis out there..

oh yea, we drive 240's so weve never seen v8's right?..yea that makes a lot of sense..

14's is not fast..NA ka can run that all day..also most of us here could give a **** less about 1/4mile times

i duno what the retarded speaker setup in a taxi has anything to do with your cowl hood...sounds like they need to get their priorities straight..
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

motegineon
what the hell are you talking about? Is Bossier in Panama? I am sure many if not all people on this forum have seen V8's but I was refering to people HERE in Panama. Most people HERE in Panama have never seen V8's before.
Once again HERE IN PANAMA 14's is considered fast. I know it is not fast at all. I also know that most on this forum do not care about 1/4 mile times..once again I was refering to people in PANAMA.

The speaker reference was just to let yall know what type of people are here for the most part. Cowl hoods, V8's & fast cars..LOL what are those. You do not see it here because it is just too expensive. But like I said TAXI's with 5 TV monitors, 18" wheels & uglyass body kits are very common. But the owners famlies suffer because of the mentality here.
Yes, they do need to get their priorites straight here. But that is just one of the many many problems in male dominated 3rd world countries. I think it is disgusting.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

ok, i misunderstood so i apologize for the post, i thought u meant here as in the people on the forum didnt know what aq v8 was

and also i missed the part of u actually still being in panama, i thought u were referring to lsx in u.s. and that back home thats how it is, didnt know u were still there

also just for the record im not trying to degrade your country in any manner, just the people who feed their car and not the kids
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 AM

hi there apology for making this thread up. had a problem with my cowl hood and i didn't know how to fix it. can you guys tell me how to remove and install a new cowl hood? hoping for your response. thanks a lot!