Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Chevy V8 powered 240sx

Old 03-02-2003, 08:05 PM

V8 Chevy powered 240sx

Have you ever wanted a V8 Nissan 240sx??? Well now you can.
I now have Chevy V8 engine swap kits for the 240sx.
You don't have to tell that you have an old school Chevy 350,
LT-1 or LS-1, under your hood.You can have a fast and furious sleeper for real.
Chevy motors are everyware, with a little $$$ you can have a 10sec or 11sec 240sx daily driver for for a lot less $$$ than anything else.

Contact info: v8-240sx@comcast.net :
Attached Thumbnails Chevy V8 powered 240sx-mvc-012f.jpg  

Last edited by V8-240sx; 03-10-2003 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Contributing Member

Appropriately, you're from Detroit.

Are you selling a kit? What does the kit include? Do I use the Nissan tranny or a Borg Warner unit from a GM?

What is the weight of an LT1 with all accessories? have you corner weighed a car after this swap?

Sorry if it's a lot of questions, but you sent me a batch of pictures a while ago and I've been very curious about this swap since then.

Thanks,

-Justin
Old 03-03-2003, 01:17 PM

I'm sorry but it's different and all, but keep it real....It's nissan, keep the power nissan.....Nissan makes enough good engines to choose from ( CA18DET, SR20DET, RB20DET,RB25DET, RB26DETT, ect.......) It's allot cheaper and funner to fix up a Import 4cyl. or V6 then a V8.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by DETurbine
I'm sorry but it's different and all, but keep it real....It's nissan, keep the power nissan.....Nissan makes enough good engines to choose from ( CA18DET, SR20DET, RB20DET,RB25DET, RB26DETT, ect.......) It's allot cheaper and funner to fix up a Import 4cyl. or V6 then a V8.
Personal Prefrence I say keep it Nissan also. However a V-8 under the hood would be a total sleeper. Just because I wouldnt do it though doesn't mean it isn't sweet because it would be. I got one buddy who is putting a LT-1 in a 280Z. If he ever finishes that thing it will be nuts. Oh and I agree with the more fun part, but just so you know it is a lot cheaper to build a American V-8 than any import. Where can you get an RB or even a CA for a $1000?

Chad
Old 03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DETurbine
Guys, if you're so gung ho on keeping the car stock Nissan, then why would you upgrade brakes, suspension, stereo or anything else to another brand than OEM? Why would you switch the motor to anything other than what Nissan gave us in the 240?

Brakes are meant to stop the car - if I can find a good deal on brakes that stop better, I'll use them.

If you can find me suspension components that make the car handle better, I'll use them.

If you can put 300hp under my hood for under $2000 with minimal aggravation, I'm going to consider using it - regardless of the manufacturer.

-Justin

Last edited by Justin.b; 03-05-2003 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:00 PM

It is not cheaper and more fun to do an Import. It is just as fun to do both. Personnally if I want a V8 , I would get an F-Bod or a Fox body fer sure. Then tune the **** outta it , all NA. Cuz there ain't nothing in this world that growls better then a Carbed NA V8. Cept Tuned V12 and such , but then those are supercars and not tuners.

I chose Nissan for looks and great RWD power in a V8. Domestic has been done to death , beleive it or not there are still many things to be explored in the Import world. This to me makes it much more fun to tune a Nissan.

I tuned an Acura Integra b4 this , and a 82 Ford F150 b4 that. I have driven many RWD high power cars. After tuning the Teg , it made me miss RWD power waaaay too much. So now I am in the 240 Market and looking to build big.

But if you want a domestic engine in your import car go for it , if you want an import engine in your domestic car go for it.

IT"S YOUR CHOICE. Your car have fun.

Mah 2 Cents
Old 03-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

A major advantage of keeping it Nissan is that with a 300 hp Inline 6, you can still get 25-30 mpg freeway....doubt if you'll ever see those numbers from a modded V8.

Night
Old 03-04-2003, 04:17 AM

Thumbs up V8 240sx Gas Mileage???

It is actually pretty good, because the V8 small block is has so little weight to carry. you can easily get 25~27mpg....with 300 horse power, without spending a lot of money.
Chevy power is very cost efficient, the best dollar pre hp out there in the go fast world!!!
You can't beat a chevy with the same budget, with any other motor period.
I dare Ya..... take the challenge!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:46 AM

Thumbs down HMMMMM........

What the f*ck.....a v8 in a 240...no no no.....if i wanted a v8 i would buy me a an old fox body...or a camaro.....but then again i run the hell outta my friends fox body all the time.....so i guess you can say i took the challenge and ramed it up its @ss.....i meen seriously,...thats just stupid....domestic + import = no good
......yeah you can drop in a 350....put a new cam in it...through on new fuel injectors...a giant intake and then when the time comes give vortech a phone call....but why thats just to easy...its not even a challenge.....but thats my opinion....ohh yeah...if i were to go from a 4 to an 8 i would do it to a new 2003 s10 Extreme....then it would be bad @ss......maybe i just feel this way because one town over is the **** of the world and everybody and their brother have a truck or a POS old camaro or some sort of vehicle.....!!!!....with "v8's".....

domestic + import =

TERROR
Old 03-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

Are todays young import drivers the Camaro boys of my high school years?

Really, guys, you all need to be a little more open - minded about this stuff. There's no need for such ridiculous blind loyalty.

Did any of you know that you can buy a turbo RB equipped GM FROM THE FACTORY in Australia? The Holden (GM) Commodore can be ordered with a Nissan RB25ET, and the same car is also offered with the Chevy V8.

Now if GM and Nissan themselves aren't loyal enough to their own products to keep this machine from happening, then what is your justification?

-Justin
Old 03-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Justin.b
Did any of you know that you can buy a turbo RB equipped GM FROM THE FACTORY in Australia? The Holden (GM) Commodore can be ordered with a Nissan RB25ET, and the same car is also offered with the Chevy V8.
Wow I didn't know that. That's awsome though. Does this mean that you could drop a RB25 or RB26 into the new Pontiac GTO? From what I read the Monaro is really just a 2 door Commodore, so....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:23 AM

You acually have to be an Nissan enthusiast to respect one. All the true enthusiasts keep it all Nissan, if it is a motor swap it is always going to be Nissan ( RB20, RB25, RB26, 30, SR, KA, CA, ect.......)
Old 03-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

That makes about as much sense as my friend's dad who makes me park my car on the street because it's not American.

Trust me, I am a Nissan enthusiast whether or not I receive your official seal of approval. But if a small block chevy is the best option for what I plan to do - then a small block Chevy is what I will use.

If they had easy access to LT1's in Japan then the Options mags would be jammed full of these swaps.

-Justin
Old 03-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
Wow I didn't know that. That's awsome though. Does this mean that you could drop a RB25 or RB26 into the new Pontiac GTO? From what I read the Monaro is really just a 2 door Commodore, so....
I don't know. I haven't been keeping up with the GTO. If you have the desire, you can swap any motor into any car.

For more on the Commodore and Ford Falcon, check out www.autospeed.com . I don't know how many of the articles are available to non-members though.

-Justin
Old 03-05-2003, 10:31 AM

Not to be disrespectful to any of these guys but whats the point? So you can say "yea my car is sleeper like ****"?? then i guess you're gonna have to not run the car at all because the sound of a modded V8 compared to a I-4 or I-6 is VERY different.

2) Some of us got imported cars because they are more or less technically advanced than the pushrod chevy V8 and pretty much better than the domestic ones. That and the whole rivalry between domestics and imports is there.... why cross breed if you've got a imported car?? if you wanted a V8 why not get a car with a V8 instead??

3) TRACTION.... between spending all this money fitting a V8 into your engine bay and doing all the conversions and what not you're going to spin your tires till they burst. Night posted about when he just swapped his RB25 in before he had the LSD and spun tires all the way down the track to run a 15.2 or something thats with the 250hp im assuming....You're talking about 320 or whatever the LS-1 is so pretty much the only way to get traction with this swap is to spend alot more money grafting somekind of LSD that works with whatever drivetrain you're working withand by getting some really expensive tires if not slicks. I have a friend that used to own a 89 Mustang with fully built motor, GT-40 heads and he couldn't get **** for traction unless he had his mickey tompsons on. In the end you've spend all this money to run 11s or whatever when you could've gotten a RB, bolted it up, few mods and run the same with less custom work and less hassle.. This just seems stupid to me but if thats your thing and you're willing to spend all the time and money on it then go for it... in fact props to you.... it just doesn't seem reasonable to me. You're all entitled to your own opinion and this is just mine... Didn't mean any disrespect

Last edited by 180SXcoolguy; 03-05-2003 at 10:36 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevy V8 powered 240sx