Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

2JZ-GTE vs. RB25DET

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:38 PM

It comes with a 10 pound bottle and isnt nitrous oxide bad for your motor, i mean i know it is if its not built for it, which i dont want nitrous in my engine!! So is this kit safe for my engine and does it spray nitrous in it? If it does then theres no way i would get this kit!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

Didn't I just say it isn't nitrous and it doesn't spray anything into your motor?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:46 PM

Yea i understand that . . .but i mean can you explain how this would give u around 50+ horsepower just by lowering the air to below freezing? and how would it work would it be like using nitrous, like hooking it up to a switch and hitting it in a race or what? Thanks for the help, sry for all the questions
Old 06-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Well it lowers the intake charge so much that on a highly tuned car running plenty of boost you'll gain 50 hp. And yeah it hooks up and is used like nitrous with a switch. I personally would rather have a water spray kit.... works the same way, but uses water instead of co2. It wouldn't give as big gains but it'd last longer.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:56 PM

A water spray kit? I have heard of them but have never seen them, is it like this kit but with water? And who sells the water sprayer kits?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Off the top of my head I think Pivot makes a kit. I know there's others, but I can't remember.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:22 AM

explanation of intercoolers and interncooler coolers

an intercooler is a type of heat exchanger like a radiator, the air enters through an intake tube passes through the intercooler and the air gets cooled, then it goes on to the turbos where the air is blown in to the engine, the n-tercooler and water spray kits cool the intercooler fins even more cooling the air that passes through even lower, in turn increasing horsepower, the colder the air is the more molecules of oxygen there are in a given volume so if you make the air colder you get more oxygem molecules out of the same amount of space, and thats how you get more horse power, and nitrous is not bad for your car, unless you run it a long time, modifications can be done to a car to almost run on nitrous/ethanol for very long periods of time, the problem with running the high compression fuels, is that they do exactly that bigger fire, bigger boom, very high compression and in turn faster moving pistons which means faster moving car, nitrous is not harmful, it can be if used too much, as we all saw in the original fast and the furious which for no reason at all caused the diamond plate floorboards to pop off that POS Eclipse that paul walker was racing...
Old 06-17-2003, 07:18 AM

2J owns RB26.

2J will not break and RB's break constantly.
2J 600hp complete stock internals, 875hp stock block. I dont know about Rb26 but its not that high.

GTR is competetive to Supra's only because of the AWD chassis. If the 2J came with that........ eeewww man! unrivaled ownage.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:53 AM

2jzgte vs rb26dett

The 2jgte does get more horsepower, the rb26dett is a snappier engine, I think there was alot more done that bolt on's done to veilsides r1 skyline had rb26dett but I think they said they pulled like 810 horse, the skyline has so much aluminum on it though, so its lite, plus the awd, but yeah supras are capable of 1,200 horsepower with bolt on's for 30 grand lol, I don't think 1,200 horsepower is accurate, but it still has to be around 1,100 a skyline gtr-33 still runs the quarter mile in 14.1 seconds while a supra runs it in 14.5, undoubtedly with mods the supra would probally win once it got past the 800 horsepower mark, that's a little wild for a daily driver, street racer though..Both cars had the extremely simple stuff like aem intakes and pulleys...the gtr-33 is also a heavier car than the more performance oriented 32's
Old 06-17-2003, 07:54 AM

Oh yeah and rb's don't break

Rb's don't break..
Old 06-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

yea i was ganna say that, RB's dont break at all..theyre are like one of the strongest engine blocks ever.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Re: explanation of intercoolers and interncooler coolers

Originally posted by Youguysnonothin
the air enters through an intake tube passes through the intercooler and the air gets cooled, then it goes on to the turbos where the air is blown in to the engine
Old 06-17-2003, 12:01 PM

Reply to ImWithstupid

Uhh what's so funny didn't you understand my explanation? You must not have, you copied it and pasted it... Anyways get on the post I know how much of an immature little out of control b1tch you are, and we don't need your childish rantings here... And Yeah the rb block was tested to 2,200 horsepower with no flaws, I think they even went beyound that, but just because the block is strong doesn't mean the whole engine is solid... This I'mwithstupid guy is a clown...
Old 06-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

I just find it funny that you **** talk everyone here saying you have so much more knowledge and experience, yet you don't even understand basic engine set-ups.....
Old 06-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Reply to ImWithstupid

Originally posted by Youguysnonothin
Uhh what's so funny didn't you understand my explanation? You must not have, you copied it and pasted it... Anyways get on the post I know how much of an immature little out of control b1tch you are, and we don't need your childish rantings here... And Yeah the rb block was tested to 2,200 horsepower with no flaws, I think they even went beyound that, but just because the block is strong doesn't mean the whole engine is solid... This I'mwithstupid guy is a clown...
holy sh*t are u serious!?!?!? hahahahaha omg y dont u just let this pass and go on with ur life dude! Its just a ***in forum, dont get ur panties in a bunch now i bid u good evening!

Quick Reply: 2JZ-GTE vs. RB25DET