A/C or AC clicking problem WTF?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:21 PM

A/C or AC clicking problem WTF?

Ok, so this problem is getting annoying. My black-top SR20DET's A/C keeps coming on and while driving it goes off. The weird thing is if I turn the car off and back on really quickly, I can hear something click and the a/c comes back on. If I change the setting on the fan from 1 to 2 to 3 or to 4 it clicks along the way. Before i would have to do it every now and then but now I have to do it every ten minutes or so. A/C stops blowing cold, flick the car off and on and cold a/c for ten minutes then off, repeat. It's like if the car forgets that the a/c is still suppose to be on. The a/c blows cold and I've changed the control unit three times to rule out bad contacts or bad switches.

BTW, before you tell me to cut out the a/c and no more problem know this, it gets well above 100 degrees in Miami rush-hour traffic over black asphalt. The last time I rode in a car with no a/c in rush-hour, me and the driver were seeing spots and our clothing was soaked so bad you'd think we think we were in a rain storm except for the fact that it was a sunny summer day.

Please help me out I don't wanna pass out from heat stroke, ever.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SoupBA
Ok, so this problem is getting annoying. My black-top SR20DET's A/C keeps coming on and while driving it goes off. The weird thing is if I turn the car off and back on really quickly, I can hear something click and the a/c comes back on. If I change the setting on the fan from 1 to 2 to 3 or to 4 it clicks along the way. Before i would have to do it every now and then but now I have to do it every ten minutes or so. A/C stops blowing cold, flick the car off and on and cold a/c for ten minutes then off, repeat. It's like if the car forgets that the a/c is still suppose to be on. The a/c blows cold and I've changed the control unit three times to rule out bad contacts or bad switches.

BTW, before you tell me to cut out the a/c and no more problem know this, it gets well above 100 degrees in Miami rush-hour traffic over black asphalt. The last time I rode in a car with no a/c in rush-hour, me and the driver were seeing spots and our clothing was soaked so bad you'd think we think we were in a rain storm except for the fact that it was a sunny summer day.

Please help me out I don't wanna pass out from heat stroke, ever.
Bad AC compressor. Get a new one.