Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Help!!! Need Help Setting Up My Suspension For Drifitng

Old 12-07-2003, 03:54 PM

Help!!! Need Help Setting Up My Suspension For Drifitng

i got an s14 with tien HA's in the front and tokico blues in the back, i have lsd and front and rear cusco strut bars. I'm wondering about what ride height to set in the front, if that even matters. and where to set the spring rate. Should i put the spring rate at the hardest, moderate, or softest? it seems that when i put the spring rate at the hardest the car hops around and can't get into a steady drift. I'm also wondering if lower sway bars for front and back will help with drifting??
Old 12-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Help!!! Need Help Setting Up My Suspension For Drifitng

Originally posted by PROJECT_D
i got an s14 with tien HA's in the front and tokico blues in the back, i have lsd and front and rear cusco strut bars. I'm wondering about what ride height to set in the front, if that even matters. and where to set the spring rate. Should i put the spring rate at the hardest, moderate, or softest? it seems that when i put the spring rate at the hardest the car hops around and can't get into a steady drift. I'm also wondering if lower sway bars for front and back will help with drifting??
Hmmm... first thing I noticed is the different suspension setup fr/rr. Tokico Blues are like stock compared to the HA's you have up front... so therefore spring rates would be super off... your car isn't balanced properly dude. LSD or no LSD, having such a variance in suspension components from the front to the rear isn't recommended. I'm thinking the reason why your car is "hopping" is mainly because of this.

Sway bars will help by keeping the car as flat as possible, but they're not a remedy for your problems. Remember this word: balance. A proper Drift car needs a good balance of everything. Can I ask why you only have HA's up front and regular Tokico Blues in the back? What springs are you using in the back then?
Old 12-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

....uhmm why the mix man. And you are changing the spring rate bud, the spring rate is set all ready. You are changing the damper rate. As for the height...Not to high not to low lol..thats all i can recommend
Old 12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Back to the ride height thing, you don't want the front too low because under braking or turning if your fornt tires catch the fender it'll upset the car's motion and can do so enough to cause a spin... or worse.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

bah make it ****ing low. so low that you tuck 14s with a 60 wall

you need to get every thing arainged so it is consant the blue will not cut it
Old 12-11-2003, 06:11 PM

I'll add one more: Balance your front & rear brakes.

no matter how you drift, braking is important.