S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video and Security (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/)
-   -   Jessicas 240SX (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/jessicas-240sx-27692/)

ilikespeeding 10-25-2005 06:17 PM

Jessicas 240SX

Hey, one of my best friend's birthday is comming up soon and to surprise her Im gonna hook up her audio. She currently runs a JVC headunit (stock's prob better) and stock speakers. Im gonna put in a 10'' in the back with a 300 watt amp. For the sides, Im gonna throw in some xplodes with pink neons around the edges (she likes pink). Can anyone help me out real fast and tell me what I need to do to get the power wire into the engine bay? On my old 00 Eclipse, I had to drill into the wheel well...do I still have to do that or is there a bypass in the firewall?

nsn240 10-25-2005 07:11 PM

On an s13 you can follow the hood pop and wiring harness through the wheel well , back into the engine and though the firewall. I just ran some small wires through at the grommet where the hood pop is, but i dont think thats gonna be big enough for you... my battery cables do the same thing but on the opposite side and run (staying on the outside, not coming through the FW) then up into the trunk

ilikespeeding 10-25-2005 07:29 PM

any drilling required?

If I get a sub that has 200W continous power rating I should get a 200 watt amp right? Ive installed subs before but not purchased...

I'm with Stupid 10-25-2005 08:07 PM

I'd say just go through the engine harness grommet.

ilikespeeding 10-25-2005 08:18 PM

Ok, while Im @ it, Ill put up a howto guide for running the wires...I couldnt find one here...

ilikespeeding 10-26-2005 07:59 PM

Heres what Im looking at to buy...any advice?

Subwoofers:
Rockford Fosgate RFZ3810 10-Inch Subwoofer
-or-
Sony XS-L107 10 inche Sub

Speakers
INFINITY 6402CF 4x6 Speakers (front)
AUDIOBAHN AS46Q 2- WAY 4X6 Speakers (rear)

Amp
Blaupunkt PA2200 Amplifier

Cape 240 10-27-2005 11:36 AM

I'll take some pics of how i ran mine ...

i'll have 'em up in a few hours.

ilikespeeding 10-27-2005 03:43 PM

thank you so much. Took me hours to figure out how to hide them in my eclipse.

Cape 240 10-27-2005 05:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, the wire goes into the fire wall. To the left of the block, down pretty low there is a tube that comes out and points down. And there it ends, i think it has to do with vents. You go through there, and the wire will come out up near the passenger's feet, next to the center console. Run it from there, behind the panels, under the plastic sill-guard(and rug), behind the rear panel, and pop it up behind the rear seat, from under the rug.

Here is a short, crappy quality video to show you (kind-of) where in the firewall it is.
http://media.putfile.com/Speaker-wires

Attachment 28184
If you look DEAD CENTER in this picture (below) You'll see a silver braided wire, its going around a rubber seal, into the firewall.
Attachment 28185

ilikespeeding 10-27-2005 07:18 PM

sweet dude I owe you big time. If you ever need anything on a 3G Eclipse, Im your man. I ran a 10'' off one.

Mika 10-28-2005 10:08 AM

i would sugget a 10 in kenwood typhoon. i have two they hit pretty nice and arnt very expensive at all. check cardomain and etronics for nice prices. as for running the wire on my s14 i ran it to the grommet behind the steering assembly. i had to cut the grommit open a bit and force it through, but i was running a 2 awg power wire.

Cape 240 10-28-2005 02:03 PM

np man, let me know if you need anything else.

If those pics don't work i'll try to take some in the light so you can actually see.
Let me know

Initial Daniel 10-28-2005 02:07 PM

I hope you get pussy out of this...

ilikespeeding 10-28-2005 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Cape 240
np man, let me know if you need anything else.

If those pics don't work i'll try to take some in the light so you can actually see.
Let me know

Thanks...Any ideas on easy grounds? I usually like hooking it up between the chassis and the lift point for the spare tire cover is that were you hooked urs up?

Originally posted by Mika
i would sugget a 10 in kenwood typhoon. i have two they hit pretty nice and arnt very expensive at all. check cardomain and etronics for nice prices. as for running the wire on my s14 i ran it to the grommet behind the steering assembly. i had to cut the grommit open a bit and force it through, but i was running a 2 awg power wire.
Ill check into it...thanks

Originally posted by Initial Daniel
I sure wouldnt mind. Nice sig btw.

Bryan 10-28-2005 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Initial Daniel
:laugh:

seriously if your not getting none out of this.....i feel bad for you