S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video and Security (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/)
-   -   a lil speaker customization (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/lil-speaker-customization-37222/)

LA95_240sx 02-06-2007 12:20 AM

a lil speaker customization

check out the new speakers

www.cardomain.com/id/kleen_240

LA_phantom_240 02-11-2007 03:23 PM

omg... how ghetto. why does everyone want 6x9s? And why dont people listen to others when we say sony sucks the fat nuts? Oh well...

clubredsilvia 02-11-2007 04:51 PM

yes, 6X9's suck fat ass nuts. the fact is that the only diff. between 6X9's and ,lets say, 4X6's, or even 4T's is the large, main cone size. The components part of the speaker is exactly the same. if u are running a sub-woofer, there is no reason to have 6X9's, because the bass output will be under-powered. 6X9's are the most useless speaker ever!!. The high frequency is thrown off because of the large cone, and the low frequency sounds like ****. run a nice set of 4X6's and a single sub and your car will thank you. kenwood and crystal mobile sound are the best bet.

LA_phantom_240 02-11-2007 05:54 PM

s14's ran 6.75"ers all around IIRC... So yeah, I woulda just got some nice component speakers.

ADiamond240sx 08-16-2007 09:58 AM

I did something similar, only mine was to use 6.75s and cut a hole for a 10" sub in the back dash and make a complete rear dash out of wood. It turned out real nice and sounds awesome.

mrbillydee 09-01-2007 08:22 AM

You got any pics of that setup? I'd like to see what the box looks like under the deck.

LA_phantom_240 09-01-2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ADiamond240sx (Post 330860)
I did something similar, only mine was to use 6.75s and cut a hole for a 10" sub in the back dash and make a complete rear dash out of wood. It turned out real nice and sounds awesome.

Did you do it Infinate Baffle, or did you build an enclosure underneath the dash? I woulda run IB, but I've seen good results in both directions. Actually, we did 4 8's in the back dash of a local s14 where I work at the other day. They were run IB and were phenomenal. IB isn't meant to get loud, but to get low and sound good doing it. It was loud enough, and the sound quality was superb.

BigVinnie 09-16-2007 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by clubredsilvia (Post 299088)
yes, 6X9's suck fat ass nuts. the fact is that the only diff. between 6X9's and ,lets say, 4X6's, or even 4T's is the large, main cone size. The components part of the speaker is exactly the same. if u are running a sub-woofer, there is no reason to have 6X9's, because the bass output will be under-powered. 6X9's are the most useless speaker ever!!. The high frequency is thrown off because of the large cone, and the low frequency sounds like ****. run a nice set of 4X6's and a single sub and your car will thank you. kenwood and crystal mobile sound are the best bet.

UUMMMM where do you get that information from? All 6X9's use different coil sizes and types. The oval shape of the 6X9 allows it to perform as a 7" woofer in an open air cabin using shorter width dash space. They cannot at all be compared to 4X6's since the magnet used to drive it and it's tiny coil is a fraction of the size. Really do more research before talking such blasphemy. I stay up to date on speaker component systems, open up crutchfield magazine and it teaches alot of pointers for perfecting sound and in most of there system configurations they try to design speaker systems implementing the 6X9 speaker. So because kicker makes a square woofer it is crappier than there circular woofers?? Or 6X9's are crappier than an 6" or 8" woofer because it isn't perfectly round in diameter? Really man you need to take some classes on frequency responses.