S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video and Security (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/)
-   -   Pix of sound system (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/pix-sound-system-5991/)

super_240 09-10-2003 05:05 PM

Pix of sound system

1 Attachment(s)
heres some pix not much but it hits hard . i still got to get a capicitor for it . but im getting there. let me know what u all think
Peace Out
Jimmy

super_240 09-10-2003 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One More :music:

-HyJynX- 09-10-2003 07:50 PM

looks good, u like the audiobahns? Good sound? Im looking into buying sum audiobahns...dunno which model though

super_240 09-10-2003 07:56 PM

yea i like audiobahns alot they sound great and nice deep tone the ones i have are 400 watts each and a friend of mine has two 12 inch rockford fosgates 800 watts peak and my audiobahns blew his away . but if i was u i would go for the Q flames them are really nice im thinking about selling these and getting flame series

-HyJynX- 09-10-2003 08:06 PM

Originally posted by super_240
yea i like audiobahns alot they sound great and nice deep tone the ones i have are 400 watts each and a friend of mine has two 12 inch rockford fosgates 800 watts peak and my audiobahns blew his away . but if i was u i would go for the Q flames them are really nice im thinking about selling these and getting flame series
those are the ones im looking into getting..but im wondering wut wattage AMP i should get

super_240 09-11-2003 10:14 AM

well i have a 700 watt fosgate pushen mine and they sound awesome but with the flames i would go for maybe 1000 or 1200 depending on the wattage of the amp and brand of amp cuz all brands put out diffrent wattage

-HyJynX- 09-11-2003 10:28 AM

i was thinking 1200..2 channel..Just the amp alone will cost a siht load

super_240 09-11-2003 02:03 PM

yeah 1200 should be plenty

-HyJynX- 09-11-2003 05:48 PM

aight thnx:thumb:

drnovascotia 09-16-2003 08:52 AM

Those subs should definately get you by, remember that a couple of booming subs doesn't qualify as a system, lol. that RF amp should power those things plenty. Looks like a 400 series but I can't be sure.

Now that you have the system, you have to make it look good. Wires going everywhere and taking up your whole trunk isn't exactly the greatest thing, especially with that amp being able to roll around, which could kill you in an accident, or if the power wire pulls out could start a fire. Most people will attach the amp to the back of the sub box, makes it stable and puts the amp right beside the boxes. You can even mount the capacator as well, looks clean and takes up less room. If you really want to, you could make a custom enclosure

Doing that will make it look clean, be safe and save you some room. As little wires showing as possible to me was the key.

Here's a pic of my old system, i'm in the process now of taking my 2 12"s, my 6X9's and sub and amp and making it look good back there. It's not the greatest, however left me some spare room and looked cleaner than the first time I installed it!

Looks good, keep up the work!

http://home.kc.rr.com/jakes/240sx_II_004.jpg

Dounveeme 09-16-2003 10:40 PM

bahns arent bad

i suggest you guys go to sounddomain.com n check out thier forums. i personaly like audiobahn but most people on sounddomain dislike them for one reason or another.
as for a good amp for the flames i would go with a JBL 1200.1
you can find them cheap (275.00) online brand new its rated @1200wrms@1 ohm but it puts out more like 1375wrms
just my $.02
Josh

flstseminolejd 09-23-2003 08:49 PM

Hey i was wondering which one of these is a better subwoofer: the Rockford Fosgate 15 inch RFR3115, the JL Audio 12 in 12W6v2, or the Orion 15 inch H2 15D4 Competition subwoofer. I will be putting two of these into my 98 240 and i want the subwoofer that can hit the loudest without busting.

drnovascotia 09-24-2003 06:47 AM

bigger diameter generally means deeper bass. However, with only 1sub and it being a 15,because the bass is so deep it takes so long to make the bass that you sometimes only get every second bass beat, I don't like how 15" subs sound personally. Too deep and not responsive enough. For me, a 12" is perfect, my JBL GTO 12" dual coil single sub is louder than most people with 2 12"s. I'd go with a 12 for sure. RF's subs are decent, if you want some swEEt sound i'd go for JBL or JL.

-HyJynX- 09-24-2003 09:25 AM

Hey dr, my friend is ganna hook me up with sum subs. He can get some JBLs. Should i go for some good JBLs or stick with audiobahn??

drnovascotia 09-30-2003 06:07 AM

I love my JBL GTO's. The entry level JBL's aren't that good, but the GTO's kick ass, they are the performance series, and were pretty cheap. If you can go Audiobahns for a better price, then i'd say go for them. But JBL subs are pretty rare, I like having a different system than most people, heh. I'd go with either one, whatever your bud reccommends. Both are good stuff.

DrNoVaScotia

-HyJynX- 09-30-2003 09:21 AM

Well ill be getting my system in a month or so, so i still got time to ponder.:notify:

drnovascotia 09-30-2003 11:04 AM

let us know what you're gonna get

Dr.

-HyJynX- 09-30-2003 11:35 AM

Will do:thumb:

super_240 09-30-2003 07:25 PM

yeah man post some pix up when u get em hooked . just make sure u get everything that u want and the way u want it to sound

Peace Out
Jimmy

Ballzac 19 10-12-2003 08:45 PM

Not bad man, you can hide the wires under the strut tower covers and the use the end caps the amp comes with to look wireless. also turn the box around bass comes from the back of the box you will hear a big difference.

drnovascotia 10-13-2003 12:45 PM

bass comes from the back of the box? I dunno about that one, I had them facing me one day and it was pretty cool. One day I got bored and put my 12's in seperate boxes behind each of the front seats, and let them rip, and they gave my back the biggest massage i've ever had, my girl's nose ring was hurting it was so loud, lol. when I turned them around you don't get the bump, but it was still loud. Thats just because the subs were hitting my seat though

But you do wanna turn the subs away from you, you can hear them hit if they face you and it sounds ugly, and the bass sounds better when the subs are facing the other way.

Just promise us you'll dynomat that thing! there's nothing worse than a car pulled next to you that rattles and the trunk looks like it's gonna fall off

Dr.

super_240 10-14-2003 08:51 AM

oh yeah im gonna dynomat it i just have to wait for some money to come my way. but trust i hate it when my trunk raddlese and my tag i just hate anything on my car that rattles . but when i get money it will be done

rameek 10-14-2003 05:37 PM

I just got my 240 fastback and i was thinking of changing my speakers. i have 2 12 inch Rockford rfd 2112 dual voice coil but i do not want to take up the whole back area with a box and amps so does anyone have a suggestion on speakers that hit well but do not require the same cubic space and weight??
i've been hearing good things about infinity....

Ballzac 19 10-14-2003 10:20 PM

go with alpine type-r's they are designed for small sealed enclosures I got 2 in mine they're great subs for the price( or maybe 'cause I sell'em). My box is .88 cubic feet the subs recomended volume is .7-1.0 so .88 works nice. I cut the sides of the strut tower out and put the box against the seat I've got plenty of space. :D

drnovascotia 10-15-2003 09:43 AM

you could always build a custom box where the spare tire goes, heh.
you don't need your trunk anyways, thats what our back seats are for!
I'd go with a basic 12" against the back seat with the amp either attached to the box or beside it, it'd only have up ~10 inches,

Dr.

rameek 10-15-2003 12:33 PM

I was thinking of having 2 10 inch infiniti but i needed the opinion of others first. My biggest concern is weight. I had an amp for each speaker in my previous car with no space and so much weight now i am considering a single amp or 2 amp system. Maybe 5 1/2components in the front, 6" coaxals in the rear. either 2 10"or 2 12" in the rear. Currently i have power rockfords as amps and punch rockford amps. The audiobahns q flames are the model number 1000? Just looking for the best bang for the buck without to much weight.

drnovascotia 10-15-2003 07:22 PM

best bang for the buck is a matter of opinion.
I'd go component 5.25" in the front doors, 6X9's inthe rear and a single 12 sub. But thats just what I have a like, heh

Dr.

noobie_to_ka24 11-05-2003 09:07 PM

audiobahns imho are junk, they sound alright but the build quality sucks. i was running my alum12q's with a jbl 1200.1 and giving each sub about 700 watts rms and they blew in about 3 months and they were rated to take 1,100 watts rms. my eclipses and crossfires took double their rms rating and didn't have any problems, :barf: audiobhn is all show and no go. my audiobahn amp i had b4 my jbl amp blew in 1 month, i've had lots and never had any probs with these crossfire amp, rf amp, jbl amp, alpine, autotek, profile, us acoustics, bazooka.

drnovascotia 11-05-2003 10:02 PM

Originally posted by noobie_to_ka24
audiobahns imho are junk, they sound alright but the build quality sucks. i was running my alum12q's with a jbl 1200.1 and giving each sub about 700 watts rms and they blew in about 3 months and they were rated to take 1,100 watts rms. my eclipses and crossfires took double their rms rating and didn't have any problems, :barf: audiobhn is all show and no go. my audiobahn amp i had b4 my jbl amp blew in 1 month, i've had lots and never had any probs with these crossfire amp, rf amp, jbl amp, alpine, autotek, profile, us acoustics, bazooka.
I disagree a bit but can't argue with your experiences. watt ratings for subs and amps are always overrated and aren't constant. I bought some power accoustice subs rate 700watts rms dual coil, 1500 peak and they didn't hit near as hard as my JBL 400 watts rms 1200 watt peak subs.

I was always told audiobahns are pretty damn good, I guess i'll have to second guess them. I'd definately take some Eclipses over them anyday though. Did you like your JBL amp?

Dr.