S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video and Security (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/)
-   -   taking out power antenna (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/audio-video-security-5/taking-out-power-antenna-7784/)

mezmerize 11-29-2003 10:24 AM

taking out power antenna

i'm planning on getting rid of my power antenna cause it doesnt work. i'm gonna replace it with one of those fixed rubber ones or something like that. besides taking out the antenna itself, and its motor, is there anything else i need to take out? such as the wire going from the head unit to the antenna, could i just rip that out without having any problems?

thanks

l2aine 12-01-2003 08:42 AM

You could "rip" it out no problems, but you'll probably rip something out with it that will give you problems! Unless you plan to trace the antenna cable from the trunk all the way up to the front, there's no harm in leaving it there. Just tape off the ends and play more CD's :thumb:

mezmerize 12-01-2003 10:40 AM

:o i didnt literally mean "rip" it out...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just wondering if it's possible that you can take out the wire giving the antenna power wihtout any problems

anyways thanks... i might just end up leaving it in there... save me time and the risk of blowing fuses again

drnovascotia 12-01-2003 01:53 PM

s13 or s14? S13 it's a bit of a pain to get to, but it's doable to get out for sure. Check a FSM or chiltons on where the screws are, but it's possible. I'm removing the one in my s13 in the spring because I snapped it off, heh.

Dr.

l2aine 12-01-2003 11:43 PM

Originally posted by mezmerize
:o i didnt literally mean "rip" it out...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

just wondering if it's possible that you can take out the wire giving the antenna power wihtout any problems

anyways thanks... i might just end up leaving it in there... save me time and the risk of blowing fuses again

Save yourself the trouble... it's not gonna hurt if you leave it there. Kind of like that one penny lodged in your seat rail. :D

WILDACEXXX 12-03-2003 03:02 PM

yea i hate that :)

fist 12-05-2003 06:26 AM

i just had my cd playuer from my old car put in to my 240 yesterday...with the old deck my antenna never worked...i figured it was broken....but with my new deck as soon as i switch to the radio the antenna goes up....switch back to cd and it goes down....i had fun with that for like 5 minutes....antenna goes up....antenna goes down...heheh

maybe your antenna isnt connected properly?

or is it actually broken...?

the antenna in my s14 works great too...i am pulling stations i never even heard of before.

l2aine 12-05-2003 10:40 AM

Originally posted by fist
...as soon as i switch to the radio the antenna goes up....switch back to cd and it goes down....i had fun with that for like 5 minutes....antenna goes up....antenna goes down...heheh

Wow I thought I get bored :D just kidding lol

fist 02-19-2004 11:20 PM

raine rocks. wheres your center caps? if you got an extra one lemme have one...i need one cuz someone stole one

l2aine 02-20-2004 09:57 AM

Originally posted by fist
raine rocks. wheres your center caps? if you got an extra one lemme have one...i need one cuz someone stole one
I rock? LOL where the hell did that come from...

...oh and I'm keeping my caps just in case I need them, sorry :)

TORONTO240sx 02-21-2004 09:14 AM

Power antena

I had to replace mine because it was broken. I bought a universal power antena and installed it my self. Taking it out and putting it in was a pain but worth it because the new one I put in I put it in on a different angle so it's angled lower the the usual angle so it's got a more aerodanamic look to it. It's like at a 150 angle and it looks neat.

ridesnowx4 02-21-2004 10:59 AM

i want to switch mine for a rubber one, im tired of the 20 foot tall antena that makes me look like an RC car goin down the road...:laugh: