S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   E-Brake drift question (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/e-brake-drift-question-12996/)

4984 5fsdskfvjdsntr4 06-02-2004 10:41 AM

E-Brake drift question

I am just wondering for those of you that Drift If you use the ebrake do you press on the clutch.
I used to press on the clutch but now I dont bother. I was wondering if it would mess up my tranny/engine/diff/CAR...etc

Poweredby007 06-04-2004 07:52 AM

I find that it does not engage quick enough when NOT depressing the clutch.
I do not think it would hurt it anymore than when you pressed in the clutch and then dumped the clutch.

I also find that sometimes I do not always get the exact angle that I want with the first yank of the brake.. so I will modulate it to the exact point that I want.

drifting in already alot of stress on your car.. preferrably To be able to start and maintain the drift with very little side brake is what I like. but for those .. LOOONG brakes.. I yank the FACK out of it.. try looking in my vids section on my page and youll see when i pull it..

www.kaidodrft.com

coldfire07 06-14-2004 12:54 PM

Of course you clutch in. How the hell are you supposed to lock your rear tires in a RWD car if the drivetrain is still spinning = wheels receiving power?

4984 5fsdskfvjdsntr4 06-14-2004 02:09 PM

u make it seem like it cant be done. I was using the ebrake while pressing the clutch in
then I started using the ebrake without pressing the clutch in cause i could give it gas faster/easier
I was just wondering if it is bad for the drivetrain to do that.

Poweredby007 06-15-2004 05:33 AM

the point is this:

1) line up to the turn
2) push in the clutch
3) yank yank side brake
4) turn and modulate angle with wheel
4a) pumping the accel to keep RPMs up
4b) more side brake for more angle / length
5)dump your clutch
5a) accel ON same time
6) powerout of turn

when i was starting out a few years back.. I had done it without pressing in the clutch.. but it did not lock as fast and my revs were harder to control

now I ALWAYS depress the clutch in side brakes.. kind of like sidebrake/clutch kick

needasr20 06-20-2004 07:12 AM

if you dont push in the clutch think about what happens.. you lock the rear wheels and that makes the car stall.. push in the dog on clutch.. and you need lots of speed to use the ebrake for drifting.. b/c as soon as you hit it your slowin down alot... also make sure that right before you let the ebrake down you are extra sideways b/c the car will straighten out faster than you can clutch kick it to finish the turn.. so speed.. clutch in, ebrake sidewaysssssss, rev motor, release ebrake dump clutch.. gass through the turn.. ohh i think i need to go out and play now .. i'm in the mood.. lets try 70 off the highway

needasr20 06-20-2004 07:16 AM

Poweredby007... sorry i didnt read your post he said all the same stuff.. send me and lsd someone

l2aine 06-20-2004 03:01 PM

I'll keep my answer simple : yes, you press the clutch in when you pull the e-brake ;)