S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   every thursday drift in wisconsin! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/every-thursday-drift-wisconsin-47038/)

fadedsilvia 07-26-2010 04:17 PM

every thursday drift in wisconsin!

hey everyone!
so i have some great news for everyone in the Wisconsin area, especially around the southern half of wisconsin and northern half of illinois, we finally have a track to drift thats not HOURS away
well at least not for me in the madison wisconsin area haha

At Columbus 151 speedway in Columbus Wisconsin
Every Thursday night starting at 5 pm
15 bucks to drift all night
spectating is free
bring WHATEVER YOU WANT to drift!

last week we had a HUGE stationwagon out drifting! lol

your probably askin why it isnt on a weekend, i asked that too, an the answer is because we dont have enough people coming out to the events yet, so the more people we get to come out to events the more benefits there are!

there is a tire changing machine on site as well ;)

240smoke 07-26-2010 11:12 PM

cool stuff man. I snagged a local track and we have thursday night drift practice as well. In 3 weeks, we are having a full blown competition with a $1500 first place payout. Do you have any pictures of the track?

USMCDrifter 07-27-2010 08:08 AM

I'm officially jealous . . .

USMCDrifter 07-27-2010 08:09 AM

Are their any videos/pics of the venue?

nismobenzo 07-31-2010 07:15 AM

i hate you Wisconsin...just jealous obviously..
im guna be paying 60 bucks to drift..cus i live in oklahoma ha

USMCDrifter 08-01-2010 12:16 AM

It's better than 130 bucks . . . Oh well . . .we're all stuck in this neverending drift game . . .

fadedsilvia 08-31-2010 05:04 PM

hey everyone! sry i havnt been on here in a loong time.
no excuse lol
there is most definently video and pictures of drifting and the venue, the video will have to wait a while cuz im not makin it so i have no clue when itll be done but i will take some pictures at this weeks event for you guys.

also! we will be moving to weekend dates so anyone who couldnt make it during the week you will have your chances to come up an have a great time!

our weekend dates are still in discussion but i will let you guys no when i no.

also we MIGHT be moving to a different venue or possibly even adding a second venue in the wisconsin dells! this is up in the air as of right now but from what iv been told by brian (the guy who runs the event) that it is more likely to move to the dells motor speedway than to stay at columbus 151 speedway.

im hoping it does move though since the dells raceway is a 1/3 mile track with a rather large parking area in the infield instaed of grass an large obstacles that people cant seem to stray away from haha annnnnd the dells motor speedway has promised us they will turn on the lights an let us drift until the wee hours of the morning unlike our venue now. very excite.

i will try an get on here mor often an update as much as possible an get you guys those pics!

fadedsilvia 08-31-2010 05:09 PM

240smoke thats awsome dude! were trying to get something like that to happen, but were all still at different skill levels and i dont think anyone but me an maybe 2 other guys are comfortable with doing tandem yet, and we still only have 8 or 9 people who show up regularly. a few weeks ago we did have a couple of pro am guys come up from chicago an were just amazing. but theyv been hitting competitions an gigs all over the place so we havnt seen them since. but our audiences are staying about the same maybe growing jus a hair each time cant really be sure since its free to watch therefore no way to keep track haha but we are all kinda hopin that we can get an actual competition started if we move to the dells. but who knows!

Biggamehit 09-01-2010 05:33 PM

great stuff dude bro's my blood boils at the fact that I can probably now go anywhere in the states and have sliding buddies!!! keep it up and I want picks of video and or Chuck will come visit you.

fadedsilvia 09-04-2010 09:04 AM

o no, NOT chuck! lol

so i dont have pics this week since we got rained out, some drifting an video taking still took place but there was only 3 of us so i didnt bother

more news on the weekend date/venue change
no solid date has been set yet but we are shooting for the last week of september or first week of october to start up weekend days and im thinkin that will bring in quite a bit more people

also there has been negotiations with the dells speedway but nothing solid has been set there yet either

i will keep u guys updated with new news an whatnot and PICS!

Biggamehit 09-05-2010 08:09 AM

dude any video is good.. get some go pro's and go at it!! i wanna see some

fadedsilvia 09-07-2010 04:43 PM

sooo it was brought to my attention by some of the guys the there IS video up on you tube of drifting at our venue
its all jus video clips really but it gives u an idea

an no im not in any of them lol i looked.

if you wanna check it out search "drifting at columbus 151 speedway" on youtube

theres even some of the rain footage if u watch a couple haha