S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   OMG drift event on US flight LINE!!!! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/omg-drift-event-us-flight-line-38289/)

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 06:15 AM

OMG drift event on US flight LINE!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24023

THis is so awesome... if they doing it at this base. which houses nothing but fighter jets. HMMMM i may be able to get something going at Andrews AFB.

info

Nellis AFB will host the 1st drift event on Nellis AFB april 14th with Vegas Drift

Event is open to Advanced/Inter Drivers only and Invite.

Cost will be 70 bucks per driver for the day 8am to 3pm

Nellis Air Force Base - Las Vegas, NV
Important Nellis Air Force Base Site Info and supplementary rules
All attendees are required to read and understand all the following rules associated with the
event. Attendees will be required to acknowledge they have read and understand the rules before
attending.
1. This event is being held on a United States Air Force installation. Civilians are subject to
immediate expulsion and/or arrest.
2. 4. Access to Nellis Air Force Base (NAFB) is restricted to authorized personnel. You MUST
pre-register to get your name on the Approval Access List. Guests (non-participants), must also
pre-register as crew.

3. Speed limits on base streets are posted at 25 mph unless otherwise posted. Zero Tolerance.
4. Cell phone use while driving a vehicle on Nellis Air Force Base is PROHIBITED.
5. Each visitor is subject to random background checks. Known felons will not be permitted on
base.
6. Enter Nellis Air Force Base at the Tyndal entrance, located on Nellis Blvd (See attached
Map) You will need a valid and current Photo ID, current vehicle registration, and current
vehicle insurance card available for inspection at the entrance gate.
7. After entrance at the Tyndal gate, proceed on Tyndal to the event site. Do not deviate from
this route. Exit the base by retracing this route to the Tyndal gate. Obey the posted speed limits -
zero tolerance.
8. Portable Toilets will be available on site.
9. Food services will be available on site. Please do not bring refreshments however please feel
free to bring shade, seating, air, water, gasoline as needed.
10. Repeated exits and re-entrances of the base are strongly discouraged – bring it with you the
first time.
11. There is no smoking on the flight line. If you need to smoke, exit the flight line area and
proceed to the designated smoking area. There are cigarette butt receptacles provide. Please
ensure you pick up any butts that may be lying around when you are finished.
12. Clean up your own trash. All foreign objects must be removed before we exit the site.
“Foreign objects” are anything not concrete or permanently attached to the concrete.
13. Vegas Drift and Nellis AFB reserve the right to ban anyone from activities at NAFB for abusing the privileges provided by Nellis Air Force Base.
14. All participants riding motorcycles, motor scooters or bicycles must wear the appropriate
safety gear at all times. Helmets are required.
1. Motorcycles: long pants, long sleeved shirt, reflective vests, gloves and DOT helmet.
(Nellis considers ALL two wheeled motorized vehicles as motorcycles for protective equipment
requirements.)
2. Bicyclists must wear an approve bicycle helmet.
15. Drifters will participate with the Military in the FOD walk at the end of the event after site is picked up.
16. Transport / pit vehicles will be separated from the grid and course by a building and approximately 100 yards. Only participating vehicles will be allowed in the grid and course area.

When everything is Final Vegas Drift will OPEN Regisration

motegineon 03-24-2007 04:38 PM

damnit!!!! i wish they would do some **** like that here...i heard a long while back they used to let people drag on our flightline but they dont do it anymore..sure wish theyd hold event:tear:

oh and that track layout is pretty tasty

sr91240 03-24-2007 04:56 PM

thats sweet at first when i opened it i thought it was in md but damnit they never do stuff like that around here

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 06:19 PM

yea they use to do auto x at FT meade army post but after 9/11 every thing was locked down. and Andrews is super super tight. im not even going to try... however i do work with Generals soo i may be able to get something going.

sr91240 03-24-2007 06:29 PM

that would be awesome i didnt know they used to do that stuff at ft meade thats sweet

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yea i just found out not to long ago about that.

believe it or not this track is in Malbaro MD.. it was abandoned in the late 60s, was used for nascar / kart events

there has been talks of bringing it back, but the owner doesn't want to budge. also it will be 8mil just to repave it.
Attachment 24016

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i4...terytrack2.jpg

sr91240 03-24-2007 06:40 PM

wuuuuuuut thats sweet it would be so sweet if they brought it back theres no good tracks in md all there is are dragstrips

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 06:47 PM

exactly, i have been drifting on the streets for years and road racing, but now that im in the military cant do those things so it sucks to have to drive hours away to drift. auto x is fine. i can do that at Ripken stadium im thinking about getting a truck and trailer..

ill get a Nissan D21 Pickup truck and drop a Rb25 in it LOL like mid Atlantic motorsports did lol.

sr91240 03-24-2007 06:53 PM

ha that would be sick yea all i do is mess around in parkin lots an a little on the streets as soon as i get my 240 on the road im takin it somewhere and lettin that b*tch loose i cant wait to get it on the road but its just setback after setback lol itll be ready by nopi though, i think

motegineon 03-24-2007 10:28 PM

damn 8 mil...

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 11:40 PM

yeap, one of the guys on another forum is an civil engineer and used his connections and even still came up to 8mil to remove all of the debri and trees and prep the land for paving.

what they simply do is go by the number of acres X whatever and get their figure.

silverjoki 03-26-2007 09:54 PM

yo thats kinda funny seeing that at kadena (japan) we cant even go a drift event just to watch let alone actually drift. which is major bull**** considering they sponser d1 here in the states ******* hypocrites and politics...

Biggamehit 03-26-2007 10:01 PM

Amen Bro Amen. it was spattered all over D1GP at Irwindale.

chadwick17 03-27-2007 11:01 PM

wish barks dale would do something like that all this room we have........

silentvoice19 03-28-2007 04:02 PM

you guys should talk to some large business that close on saturdays and sundays.Get a event goin make it 5-6 months ahead of time put up flyers talk to business owners with large parking lots.Its not impossible im gonna try and talk to a couple this year.Charge to get it 10 bucks all day.Set up cones etc