Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

What Airforce thinks about Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by dak2007
i'm actually in the air force. the way the military looks at it is they spent a lot of money making us highly trained war fighting individuals. if we are going to die it's going to be while doing our job. if we die any other way then they lost a whole lot of money and that hurts you the tax paying citizen. do i agree with how the military controls every aspect of my life? NO. do i understand the need for the control? yes.

if you look into the UCMJ (uniform code of military justice), military law in other words, it actually says the only way we can have sex is missionary position. they do regulate what we do a lot.

and don't complain about the military not being "allowed" to drift. by them not drifting that means that soldier marine sailor or airman is still alive and you aren't being asked to take his or her place.

none of this is mentioning the underlining fact that this is an all voluntary military. that means every service member voluntarily signed a paper saying they would serve this country and that they would listen to the officers appointed over them. that means if an officer tells you not to drift then you can't drift. that means if an officer tells you to march your happy little a$$ into combat that's what you're going to do. you don't ask questions.

isn't drifting illegal anyways? last time i checked it's considered wreckless driving. so what's the difference between the cops telling you that you can't do it and the military telling me i can't do it?
i was in the army as a telecommunications tech.. and what your saying about the military trying to save it's highly trained soldiers is something i have to dissagree with..i wasnt at the top of my class nor at the bottom from ait but that didnt seem to matter once we got to our first assignments. the equiptment was different the rules changed. and we all felt pretty stupid staring at equiptment our sgt's thought we would have already known. so highly trained.. i dont think so

about ucmj and sex.. what i do behind closed doors or in my commanding officers office is none of his business i'm not hurting anyone .unless she liked it hehe

who has died drifting? maybe someone has .. but i havent heard about it yet..

this is a volunteer army .. but it would be nice if the army didnt try to sugar coat the entire thing when trying to get ppl in.. they dont tell you things straight up at the recruiters your drill sgt's are on a power trip. and by the time you get to ait and your learning how the army works in reality you cant wait to get out
so for this volunteer army everyone should know that you'll spend lots of time picking up trash buffing floors and shining and startching your uniform.. oh did i mention none of that makes you combat effective in any way shape or form.. plus you have to buy new uniforms before you go to combat b/c startch and kiwi in large amounts restricts airflow..

oh drifting isnt illegal if you do it on the track.. and the military doesnt want you to drift period whether your doing it legally or not.. they dont want you to do it .

BAM military sucks
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 PM

sorry went through twice..

btw i'm not anti military.. i just dont think they should have that much control over your life.. men and women have already signed their life away what more should they give

Last edited by needasr20; 11-16-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:34 AM

yea, i haven't heard much about death tolls dues to drifting other than kids on the touge flying off cliffsides. but i did see a drift video of a guy in his bmw step out of his car while doing donuts and running himself over to death. but c'mon, just don't hit the touge, and don't run yourself over.

and if it is your own business what you do behind closed doors, they should have closed door drift events? haha that'd be cool if it dint sound so hard to pull off. maybe a compound structure?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
they should stop talking and bomb the Honda Civics
HAH! that's what they should do!!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:45 PM

WTF Airforce
Old 11-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

gotdammit, i need my career to kick off so i can have money to make those far away events. shiiit..
Old 11-21-2005, 04:11 AM

Originally posted by DARKEST_HOUR

WTF Airforce
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG I DONT ****ING UNDERSTAND NOW..I'M COMFUSSSSSSSSED AND SAD
Old 11-21-2005, 02:13 PM

it's called recruiting. let's think about this for a minute. the average age of people who are into drifting, racing, or fixing up their car i would say is 17-28. you can join the military between the ages of 18 and 26. if you were looking for people between ages 18 and 26 don't you think that's a good place to look? they might not condone it but they will go there and try to feed you some crap to get you to join the military. i almost garantee the best line they could use there would be "if you join the military then we pay all your bills so you can spend your intire paycheck on your car if you want."
Old 11-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Yea, damn D1 . . .whats next Marlboro

Last edited by DARKEST_HOUR; 11-21-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:14 AM

but thats pure hypocracy.. how do you promote and lead someone into your branch and then take that very thing you got them in with and prevent them from enjoying what i think is the funnest motorsport ...double standards,hypocrits,liers.. sucks thats what the world is made of..sad thing is somehow they get away with it . tell you the truth.. the military has been reading all these posts .. IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST KOOL PPL!! and now this will be my last post .. they are gonna hire a hitman to kill me in my sleep and silence my voice b/c i'm not falling into a hynotic trans from every army a/f navy and marines commercial I see on tv..have a good life guys.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, many jobs pay alot of money of have you trained nad they still don't control your life. Kuods to the people who protect this country and what we stand for. But if you agree with what they do and believe that the government should control outside activites not pretaining to work then go to North Korea and give your freedoms up there.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 AM

Freedom = Control =

Last edited by JDM INSPIRED; 12-19-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

LMAO at D1 they had some super hidden recruiting speech during the opening ceremonies.

"Yew lak gowin fast side ways??? Try an Air Force jit!!!"
Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 AM

ironic.. haha

man.. i didn't care.. i got some free stuff off of the airforce peeps hahahahaha

backpack, pencil, mug.... et cetera..... hahahahhaha i was at the d1 too!!! it was my first d1 event... man.. i got a natrual high watching them drift!! all i could focus on was the drifting!!! oh and the freakin coldness hahaha
Old 12-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

Wel im in the Air Force now, not due to D1 though. i leave for Basic training in a couple months

Quick Reply: What Airforce thinks about Drifting