S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   cluth pedal sticking (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/cluth-pedal-sticking-30372/)

b0rdin4life 02-06-2006 08:26 PM

cluth pedal sticking

I have a 95 S14 and when I let off the clutch pedal it sticks right after where it releases. If I keep driving and don't touch the pedal again, it will eventually spring back out to where it should be, or I can stick my foot behind the pedal and pop it out as well. Anyone have any ideas? The pedal sticking does not effect the clutch working or make it seem as if I'm riding the clutch. Any help would be great. Thanks.

re037 02-06-2006 10:29 PM

give the line a bleed or flush. good op to take out the dampener if you havent already done so.

b0rdin4life 02-06-2006 10:35 PM

what will removing the dampener do?

Levi SPL S14 02-07-2006 12:31 AM

give you better feel in the pedal and eliminate an area where air can get trapped.

Kaion1000 02-15-2006 06:09 PM

If that doesn't work you can try replacing the master cylinder

BlackEnigma 02-15-2006 07:15 PM

any elaboration on removing the dampener? im having the same issue as b0rdin.

Levi SPL S14 02-15-2006 08:42 PM

l2aine has a link in his sig where he removed his.

b0rdin4life 02-15-2006 08:45 PM

Go to l2aine's site (http://garage.projectraine.com) and then go to My 240sx Garage Guides on the left side, it's in there. I plan on doing it sometime this weekend hopefully, so I'll post on here once I do it and let you know how it works out.

LA_phantom_240 03-04-2006 11:19 PM

i had the same problem with my 1990 acura legend. havent figured it out yet, but i believe it had something to do with the demise of my clutch. I think it was my pressure plate that went out. I'd take the tranny down and inspect the clutch assembly. This is exactly how my clutch acted before it quit workin. it just spins now, no grip whatsoever. and it was pretty violent when it happened. it wasnt a gradual spi-slip, no-go.. kinda like violently shake, shake, stop accelerating. i wasnt abusing it that night either, strangely enough. Is the clutch pedal really sensitive when it sits low to the floor like that? ir harder to push? cuz mine would have like half an inch of stroke to engage and disengage the clutch. If i pulled it out, it would have normal operation, though the clutch would slip. When it was sittin close to the floor, i could go wide open in any gear and it wouldnt slip. anyways, i would definately take a weekend to take a good look at the whole clutch system: pressure plate, clutch, master cylinder, slave... everything, before it becomes a problem. the old "ounce of prevention" saying applies here... i forget how the whole thing goes, but you get the point.

CowboyTurbo 03-05-2006 08:59 AM

Re: cluth pedal sticking

Originally posted by b0rdin4life
I have a 95 S14 and when I let off the clutch pedal it sticks right after where it releases. If I keep driving and don't touch the pedal again, it will eventually spring back out to where it should be, or I can stick my foot behind the pedal and pop it out as well. Anyone have any ideas? The pedal sticking does not effect the clutch working or make it seem as if I'm riding the clutch. Any help would be great. Thanks.
I had the exact same problem. Check:

1. Slave cylinder/throwout fork (it may be on its way out of coming off the bearing)

2. Master Cylinder (also reach under it and feel around the bottom of it to make sure it's not leaking there)

LA_phantom_240 03-05-2006 02:05 PM

does your clutch slip AT ALL under acceleration?

b0rdin4life 03-05-2006 03:28 PM

Thanks for all the possibilities everyone, I am still looking into all of them. A couple months ago the U-shaped bracket that connects the pushrod from the master cylinder to the clutch pedal snapped so I replaced the U-shaped bracket. I faintly remember there being threads on the bracket and the pushrod, could I maybe not have adjusted that properly and could that be causing my issue?

LA_phantom_240 - No, the clutch doesn't slip at all under acceleration.

jamesdrowe 03-24-2007 04:05 PM

Did you ever find out what this was?

Biggamehit 03-24-2007 04:19 PM

Jeff i didn't know you where on here also bro.

sr91240 03-24-2007 06:00 PM

aw **** thats like 3 md guys on here