S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   LSD rarity (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/lsd-rarity-33578/)

jspaeth 07-07-2006 09:49 PM

LSD rarity

I am getting an SR20 in a few weeks, and the guy doing it asked me if I had an LSD....I said I think!

I just checked the Model #, and apparently, since my 18th digit is a "C", I have an LSD out of the factory.

I then proceeded to go try to do some burnouts, and saw that both tires had spun....I believe this means I DO have an LSD...

Anyways, the guy told me I was "lucky"....he said only about 2% of U.S. S14s came with an LSD.

Is this true? (Are stock LSDs THAT rare ..only 2%?)

Helghast 07-08-2006 11:44 PM

VLSD.

****..is the topic of the week?

not that rare..just nobody cares for stock vLSD.

jspaeth 07-09-2006 07:49 AM

thanks i guess

doriftomodachi 07-09-2006 07:54 PM

vlsd = crap. vlsd after it wears out = open diff. used vlsd = don't know how long it will last

jspaeth 07-09-2006 08:16 PM

it is truly remarkable that people have troubling answering basic questions

i asked about the % of 240's that came stock with an LSD (or VLSD to be picky) and i get responses about vlsd being crap.

good job

doriftomodachi 07-09-2006 10:58 PM

GREAT job in NOT asking Nissan before NOT searching. Here's your answer: www.google.com

Levi SPL S14 07-10-2006 11:12 PM

Ya umm unless you work for nissan and inquired about how many cars came with VLSD then none of us will know or care for that matter.

VLSD = FAIL on every level.

You just want to think your cool that your car came with a vlsd, but your not. My open diff pumpkin with a tomei wins.

jspaeth 07-11-2006 09:23 AM

do you people try to have down syndrome or does it just come naturally?

all i asked was if the stock vlsd was rare, and i get insulted about

A) "Acting cool" because I may have one

B) Not searching

Obviously, I asked the question here because I figured that maybe one of you would know.

Part of being knowledgable on something is to have some modesty and answer people's questions.

You should take it as a compliment that I am considering that you might be the only ones that know the answer to the question.

68LS1 07-11-2006 11:18 PM

I may be wrong on this but I heard that the LE model S14s came with the LSD. That is the extent of my knowledge.

I can't believe the responses people get for basic questions on this forum. "Search you moron" is what they always say. Forums are for extending knowledge beyond what used to be possible. It would be nice if people would post only if they had a constructive conversation rather than saying, "search" or "google."

To end my post, I wish I had a VLSD instead of an open diff.

Rock on.

Helghast 07-12-2006 12:37 AM

we're not *******s.

it's the fact that these questions have been asked million of times.

it's like asking how to turn on the lights EVERYTIME you turn on the lights..

it's redundant and gets old.

ya dig??

Bryan 07-12-2006 12:49 AM

IIRC s14 SE's that had anit-lock brakes could have it added as an option, I dunno about LE's or the percent of cars that actually had them.

Levi SPL S14 07-12-2006 01:49 AM

no need to have this open anymore