S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   LSD & Stall Converter?? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/lsd-stall-converter-4672/)

cgnismo240 07-07-2003 05:05 PM

LSD & Stall Converter??

Does anyone know where I can get a JDM LSD for an S14? Also, I'm just curious, does anyone make a stall converter for the 240sx? I've got an automatic:confused: Any kind of help would be appreciated.

duckman240sx 07-13-2003 02:33 AM

ok well if u go to importfan.com , then html site , then 2 clutches/driveline under category, then 2 clutches/driveline> lsd , then 2 page 4 u well see the lsd's there but cant help u on the stale

StanBo 07-13-2003 08:31 AM

Level 10 in the back of any import mag (Turbo mag was the one I saw them in last) for your torque converter.

You can go with a JDM or USDM VLSD for the lsd duties. How much are you looking to spend.

Are you a cheapy or are you looking for next to new installs? I don't mean to offend you but there are many ways I can direct you.

Expensive and really expensive. :D

cgnismo240 07-14-2003 01:15 PM

Thanks for answering the post, I would like to think of myself as the person who, if I'm gonna do something to my car it has to be done right and has to perform the best it can. All I have to do is save money. How much money would you be talking about? thanks for the help.

StanBo 07-14-2003 01:45 PM

You can spend 1500 on a rear end easily. I am up to about 1150 right now and it hasn't even been installed yet:

ATS 2 way diff
Rear bearings (4)
Outer seals (2)
Gaskets (2)

A jdm or j30/z32 vlsd will be a lot of fun and a great bang for the buck. That is the setup I am currently running.

MJ201 07-15-2003 08:58 PM

All Canadian 240's came with LSD's so phone a canadian junkyard and get one. I got a spare one for $105 CDN. :D

kaazlsd 07-17-2003 05:06 PM

240 LSD Unit

Hi,
Looking for a good lsd option? How about the new Kaaz
Solid LSD Unit. New model doesn't require axle flange
replacement like the previous model. Kit comes complete
with carrier bearings, axle seals and case gasket. No
additional parts to buy.
New Solid LSD unit will fit all S13 & S14 open diff. cars.
This new design incorporates 16 clutch plates (double the
previous model). More aggressive and more adjustable.
Currently on introductory sale at $850. This price is good
while initial supply is in stock or until the end of this month.
Best Regards,
Ray / Kaaz USA 1-888-522-KAAZ(5229)
Email: newportcars@kaazusa.com :thumb:

MJ201 07-17-2003 09:23 PM

:barf: SELLING ****:barf:

StanBo 07-18-2003 05:29 PM

Originally posted by MJ201
:barf: SELLING ****:barf:
This is a free opinion site. Now that you have posted they are barf care to explain?

I think this will be the best ends to a solution. There is no need to close this as we can learn if there is a weakness or a problem.

If you think there is something wrong please post and give Kaazlsd a chance to defend him/herself.

Does this sound fine kaaz?

kaazlsd 07-18-2003 06:28 PM

LSD

Hi StanBo,
Thanks for your reply. You're right, this is a free opinion site.
It's all personal preference whether you choose a viscous or
clutch type lsd. All we know is that most sport minded viscous
user will eventually opt for clutch type lsd in the future.
Whether you choose Kaaz, ATS, Cusco, Nismo or OS, they are
all great lsd for sports driving. Clutch type lsd rules! :devil:

I'm with Stupid 07-18-2003 10:50 PM

Quaife > Kaaz !!! :p

StanBo 07-19-2003 12:21 AM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
Quaife > Kaaz !!! :p
How so?

MJ201 07-19-2003 12:21 AM

all i was saying is that people should be able to make up their mind over whatever typeof LSD they have. To keep this site totally true they should keep all of the sales people to one topic or section of this foums

just my 2 cents

PS i don;t care if people seel it just that if u allow one person everyone should be allowed

StanBo 07-19-2003 06:25 AM

Originally posted by MJ201
all i was saying is that people should be able to make up their mind over whatever typeof LSD they have. To keep this site totally true they should keep all of the sales people to one topic or section of this foums

just my 2 cents

PS i don;t care if people seel it just that if u allow one person everyone should be allowed

Good point. I too was wary of the sales pitch / advice angle. The thing is this is an open market and if other LSD salespeople do not take advantage of it then it is their loss (I went with an ATS just to show I am not on the Kaaz take).

I don't think companies are being stopped from joining. Then again I am out of the loop at times and might not know about this.

I'm with Stupid 07-19-2003 08:24 AM

Originally posted by StanBo
How so?
I'm just joking around I'm not bashing Kaaz or anything, but if you wanna get technnical I'd prefer a Quaife cause they don't need to be rebuilt every so many miles and they have a full replacement gaurantee forever no matter your hp or even if it's used for racing.:naughty: