Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

AT->MT Conversion: Q's

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 02:21 AM

AT->MT Conversion: Q's

Yo fellas,

I know this isn't as hot a topic as engine swaps, but I think spreading some knowledge on this could be useful...

So I'm shopping for a 240sx, 95-98 yr. models, and I'm finding that unfortunately a lot of the ones I'm finding are AT. I have heard of people doing AT->MT conversions, so naturally I'm wondering if this is a viable option. Obviously, I'd prefer an MT model, but if the price/condition on an AT was right, my next question would be how much to convert the tranny?

I'm assuming I could find a Nissan 240 MT transmission. Or are there any alternative swaps out there?

How much would something like this cost me? And if you know of any good online references, documented swaps, or faqs, please post them!

Rock on,

M.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:06 AM

afterdark tuning does the swap for 800 with parts and install or 400 if u front the parts
Old 03-06-2003, 02:01 PM

But i says on the website that they only do the conversion if your also getting an engine.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:54 PM

If you know how to do the conversion your self or someone can help you I would go with that route. You would have to of course buy the tranny which shouldn't be that much ( search on E-Bay, shops and salvage yards.) but other than that you will have to spend about $250-350 on extra parts such as the pedals, lines, mounts, ect......
Old 04-02-2003, 06:10 PM

Go to your local junk yards and get what you need. Look for;

Manual Driveshaft, Manual tranny cross member, manual pedals (clutch and brake), the hard clutch line (from master cylinder to the slave cylinder), Master clutch cylinder, Clutch bleeder loop or skip that part and just get a SS flex clutch line to bypass that part. If your just doing a KA AUTO to MANUAL swap, grab the Manual ECCS also. Then you'll have to do some rewiring on the ECCS and tranny harness.