S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   question about unhooking "comfort shift"????? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/question-about-unhooking-comfort-shift-46085/)

1991se240sx 06-24-2009 06:20 AM

question about unhooking "comfort shift"?????

my buddy had did this to his s14 and decided to do it to my car yesterday while we were doing my AVI system removal. Anywho....he said it will not hurt my car in any way. I figured id run by you guys though and ask for a more professional opinion about it. I have noticed ridiculously how much harder it shifts but also seem to notice a slight gain in acceleration. is there any threat im looking at from doing this??? nadditional info that might be useful is....car is a 91, 93k miles (original motor/trans), fluids changed and maintained regularly. thanx alot guys, later

240smoke 06-24-2009 11:23 AM

My auto ran till I swapped the trans and I did that on it. The auto had over 200k miles on it and was still fine.

Biggamehit 06-24-2009 12:41 PM

i removed it long ago it doesn't make shifting hard... its just a slight buffer that is all. your pressure plate determines how harsh your engagement really is.

1991se240sx 06-24-2009 02:17 PM

sweetness. thanx guys.

battosaii930 06-24-2009 04:30 PM

you mean taking out the clutch dampener?

yea i did that long time ago no problems at all. the only thing is i think my left leg is not stronger then my right lol

USMCDrifter 06-24-2009 04:52 PM

Hydraulic clutches . . .pfft . . .

1991se240sx 06-24-2009 05:38 PM

nah, no 5 speed....its a good ol' fashioned automatic. I was talking about the little harness on the driver side closest to the fender ( right next to the ignition coil). I was out earlier driving on the e-way and it was haulin ass 10x better than it seemed to ever have. But when it came time to lift off the pedal and deaccelerate, it was deacceling the same as if overdrive was off( but it was on). Didnt bother me at all tho.

battosaii930 06-24-2009 11:11 PM

lol....

technically i only ever owned 1 auto matic and i basicly blew the motor the next day and sold it for $500 more then what i paid for it.. (lexus sc300)

automatic is fail it gets my right leg tired...driving auto requires too much work gas brak gas brake bake bake gas gas brake it just pisses me off i like stick i drive chill i dont see where everyone gets the notion that stick is more work cause then your driving stick wrong.

Biggamehit 06-25-2009 01:20 AM

ahhh i had no idea you were talking about auto.........in theroy... if its there.. its there for a reason. Automatic transmissions are complex.

SmokedZenki 06-26-2009 09:27 AM

that thing you unplug is just a sensor that gives you smoother shifts... but unplugging it raises the fluid pressure and gives you harder (firmer) shifts between gears.... i dunno if it will actually cause damage but i do know that a firm shift is better than clutches slipping all the time and wearing out... so if you like the way it runs with it unplugged then go for it!!!

Eric