S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   S13 and s14 parts interchangeability? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/s13-s14-parts-interchangeability-13009/)

brainfood 06-02-2004 04:11 PM

S13 and s14 parts interchangeability?

Not sure if that is a word but anyway here goes. I am trying to get parts together for a 5sp swap on my s14 I just bought the car and cant stand the auto but since I got a screaming deal on the car it was hard to resist. So what parts in the 5sp swap have to come from an s14 and what parts are the same throughout the years?

5 speed ecu S14's (obviously s14 only)
5 speed trans
5 speed trans crossmember
5 speed driveshaft
manual flywheel with bolts
manual engine backing plate
manual trans to engine bolts
clutch with clutch bolts
(including pilot bushing ,driven disc and pressure plate)
clutch pedal
brake pedal(optional)
clutch line upper
clutch line lower
clutch dampner(optional)
cluth master
clutch slave
lower shift boot with plate(mounts on your tunnel)
upper shift boot (recommend purchase new )

what of those can be interchanged between the years? can I use s13 pedals, trans, transmount, driveshaft, ect. or does everything but the trans have to be s14?

DJ_Sunrise 06-13-2004 07:32 PM

the s13 and s14 are essentially the same car mechanicaly. it should all piece together with the exception of the driveshaft, but even that may fit.

~Sunrise

brainfood 06-13-2004 08:04 PM

yeah I have everything and as far as I can tell it will all fit. Hopefully it does I would hate to get it together and not have it fit :)

Fuzzymemo 06-18-2005 11:49 AM

hey would it be better if I just take an S13 engine with it's manual transmission and swap it into my s14?

p3s7 06-18-2005 06:38 PM

I'm pretty sure...my car has a s14 engine/tranny and it is a s13 so I assume it works the other way around...

devnull 07-03-2005 08:48 PM

The S14 transmission has a crankshaft position sensor in it. It's a magnetic sensor that detects the teeth on the flywheel/ring gear. S13s don't have them. The S13 trans will functionally work but the CEL will turn on. Aside from that sensor (remember to remove it before you remove or install the transmission) the transmissions are identical.

The driveshafts between S13 and S14 are different lengths. Neither the front nor the rear half will work between models.

All the other mechanical parts will work, including the dampener. The S13 clutch hard line will fit on a S14 but it won't be quite right. You'll need to bend it by hand a little to keep it from vibrating against anything.

When you put the clutch in, make sure you have the disk facing the correct way. Always use loctite on your flywheel bolts.

law 07-05-2005 08:33 PM

Im in the middle of doing this swap with a friend he has a s14 and bought a s13 trans we didnt know at first until we noticed a sensor that was missing. So I checked the assist {nissan cpu} at
work and found that it wasnt on the s14 trans..Its the top position sensor(4th). But havent decided what to do with it yet