S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/)
-   -   tranny bolt (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drivetrain-14/tranny-bolt-38397/)

smoken805s14 03-28-2007 12:03 AM

tranny bolt

i'm replacing the clutch an i had trouble with the 12 o'clock bolt on the tranny when i dropped it...now i'm going to put it on and i want to know if theres an easyier way to do it....

Biggamehit 03-28-2007 02:45 AM

do yourself a favor and lose that bolt bro. i took that thing our 4 years ago and never put it back on

with your other points secure your fine. just about every guy that really races his 240 leaves it out... i have had my tranny down over 10 times for various reasons and without that bolt i can drop the tranny with quickness.

Bumnah 03-28-2007 05:34 AM

i'm a firm believer in attaching all the bolts that hold the tranny to the block.

i'm not sure what you question is but i'm guessing you aren't able to get to the bolt because it's all the way on the top, and you can't reach it.

on web some people have done the following. remove the tranny mount so the tranny is lose (probably need to support it with a jack), and then what they did was put a floorjack on the crank pulley in the front and jack it up. causing the motor to tilt backwards just a bit and to give you the clearance you need to get the last bolt in.

RuizXIII 03-28-2007 05:57 AM

Yeah but if its such a headache, F it then. Id do the biggame jackson move.
I doubt anything would warp or get damaged

zenkislider 03-28-2007 07:33 AM

if its that much of a headache i would just leave it out. its only one bolt.

Biggamehit 03-28-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bumnah (Post 307885)
i'm a firm believer in attaching all the bolts that hold the tranny to the block.

i'm not sure what you question is but i'm guessing you aren't able to get to the bolt because it's all the way on the top, and you can't reach it.

on web some people have done the following. remove the tranny mount so the tranny is lose (probably need to support it with a jack), and then what they did was put a floorjack on the crank pulley in the front and jack it up. causing the motor to tilt backwards just a bit and to give you the clearance you need to get the last bolt in.

im am not the only one that does this.. that one bolt will not disrupt anything. i only speak from experience and have never had any issues at all.

all you need is an long 14mm wrench ( for leverage). also the problem you face is the egr ( if you have it) and all that other jazz blocks you behind the motor, so use an Cresent Wrench to remove the egr pipe and you will have a clear path to the bolt .

gabe30 03-28-2007 11:29 AM

there is no easier way.. you just have to take your time.. if its too much of a hassle.. take that thing off.. everyone else leaves it off

AZdrifterS13 03-28-2007 11:57 PM

yeah bro i just replaced my clutch and that bolt is a pain in the ass. I got to it from underneath the car just barely. It took a long ass time but i got it. And I havent put it back on. I think the most time consuming bolt is the one around the 11 oclock postition. The only way you can get to it is with a wrenc and you only have like 20 degrees of rotation. i cut my hand up on the EGR too. I just pulled of my trans twice in the last two weeks so I could probably help you out alot, just PM me or something if you need help man.