Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Engine Swap Whats the best thing i shuld do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Engine Swap Whats the best thing i shuld do?

Alright.. im looking to buy a 1989 240sx and iv found one so im probibly goin to get it next week but im looking to do an engine swap.. im looking for the most powerfull engine that i can rely on without it breakin on me. to put in this 240sx. plans are getting it turbo charged an rebuilt completly performance. i once owned one but it ran for 2 weeks an blew up lmao so sold it never got in to modifiying it. so i know alot about acuras because i drive one now.. id say i dislike alot about them, 1990 acura integra.. modifyed but i loveee the nissan cars borrowed one from my uncle im definitally switching over. so ive heard lots about Ka24 engines?? dont know much about those or even a Srt..somthing.. but please dont suggest to me a chevy engine lmao no offence to the guy whos doing that..
Old 01-03-2007, 04:36 PM

KA24(D)E is the stock 240 engine, you can turbo them and make some nice power. Then there's SR20's, CA18's, RB2(0,5,6)'s. I still say LSx FTW. Pretty much any swap is possible with the right amount of money. All will be reliable, just remember the more mods you do to an engine, the more reliability will suffer.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:39 PM

You should def check out some of the threads on this forum about this topic, there is alot of information and debates about which engine swap...

If, after you read those threads, you still can't decide, I would swap in a Lamborghini motor
Old 01-03-2007, 04:48 PM

ah ok cool.. how much potential do 240's have anyway? to me just looking at them is see alot.. but money isnt a issue so no worries their lol ive been told parts arnt easy to find also they arnt cheap? true or is it wrong..
Old 01-03-2007, 05:21 PM

IMO, they are amazing.....you have to realize that there really IS NOT REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

In other words, a turboed 240 can be made to beat a corvette or cobra or whatever, but the guy with the V8 could always turbo that and be even faster....

In terms of handling though, 240s are pretty well balance and have a nice multilink suspension setup....if you spend your money correctly, you can create a car that handles like crazy and has a few hundered horsepower.....

As is always the case, you have to decide whether you want a fast spooling turbo (for auto-x, etc.) or a monster that takes some time to spoll but makes absurd power
Old 01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Contributing Member

parts are pretty easy to find. unless youve got a "jdm" motor then youll have to order most parts on the internet and cant just go down to napa or something. there not the fasted stock but they have potential. you wont really get any staisfying results from it stock, lol there slow and have a lot of understeer. lol if your willing to be working on one all the time i guess its not to late to join the bandwagon.