Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Legalities of Engine Swaps

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:54 PM

ok, maybe you didnt read..or maybe you cant. 1 of the sources was from super street. i listed other sources...attorney forums and such...ive researched for days about this issue. so if you are one of those people that want to let cops push you around and scare with bs, then thats your deal. believe what you want. but i dont let pigs f*ck with me. end of subject
Old 01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by james_s14
ok, maybe you didnt read..or maybe you cant. 1 of the sources was from super street. i listed other sources...attorney forums and such...ive researched for days about this issue. so if you are one of those people that want to let cops push you around and scare with bs, then thats your deal. believe what you want. but i dont let pigs f*ck with me. end of subject
lol maybe you didn't read - my cousin isn't a forum.

And I'mnot trying to scare, so don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm stating what I know from a definite source.

relax buddy you can be toughguy to cops all you want. I prefer to be civil
Old 01-02-2005, 05:15 PM

its not being tuff, its standing up for your rights.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:30 PM

the article was only based on a certain department's way of handling modified vehicles(was it santa monica police dep?). Sources such as Super Street are not reliable when it comes to vehicular codes regarding certain areas 1. because they are not a law related magazine and 2. their writing and reporting staff does not have any certifications or degrees to pratice law. Your idea of not letting them search your car is extremely IGNORANT, this is the reason why so many countries hate america, because of this IGORNANCE. The officer has all right to search your vehicle whether or not you comply, not complying just makes the process longer because he needs to phone for a warrant and then hes going to search even harder than he would if you let him in the first place. "no officer...i dont have a illegal engine...so DONT LOOK IN THERE!" yea buddy...try that...

asking people at sema doesnt mean they are right, and oh yea... SEMA IS AT VEGAS AKA NEVADA. they have different laws....california is the worst of them all. as long as the person doesnt have a legal cerfitication for praticing law, what he or she says may not be 100% accurate! reading a magazine does not always help.

but tell them your exhaust is 50 state legal and your guages are to ensure that your car is working correctly. also you exhaust cant be louder than 95 decibles/ if they try to give you a ticket for noise, tell them to bust out the DB meeter. they cant measure noise with their ears. you will win in court.
look what i found son:
Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.
and you can check it out at: http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

wooopsy looks like mister "i read super street" just got owned!

sell your 240sx you 240 bandwagoner
Old 01-02-2005, 05:31 PM

its not being tuff, its standing up for your rights.
I pity the fool who don't stand up with the right knowledge!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

guess you didn't search "for enough days".
Old 01-02-2005, 05:45 PM

oh well, theyre comming out with new laws all the time. i searched like 3 or 4 months ago and thats what I found..btw..bandwagoner? ur a chump..lets see what your 240 can do...ive got 2 of em, pick one, we'll meet and we'll race. or why dont you post your dyno sheet..
Old 01-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

oh well, theyre comming out with new laws all the time. i searched like 3 or 4 months ago and thats what I found..btw..bandwagoner? ur a chump..lets see what your 240 can do...ive got 2 of em, pick one, we'll meet and we'll race. or why dont you post your dyno sheet..
ROFL

"let's race"

SURE NO PROBLEM VIN DEISEL.

...at least our info is up to date. You just argued with old info. And dude - you wanna race? For what? because you got owned by old info? So you'll feel better?

Grow up bro. Ignorance is a corectable state, unlike being an idiot.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:50 PM

race?

Street racing is illegal. The CHP won't hesitate to take street racers to court.

A first conviction on a street racing violation means:

Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.
Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days.
Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).
If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.
Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.
Instead, take your car to a National Hot Rod Association-sanctioned track or drag strip, where you can race safely under optimum conditions.

im a chump? well ur a chimp, monkey wanna race? haha turn off your fast and the furious dvd man... ur ricer side is starting to show.

Have a nice day.
Stay sideways!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:55 PM

anyways i did get owned by old info, i admit..but im not a chump, you dont have to come off like ur hard or something..if you wanna make this personal we can. we can definately meet and then we'll see. someone has a question, answer it to the best of your knowledge..if the answers wrong, correct it...but dont be an ******* about it. btw, raine, you got those bride brackets still?
Old 01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

anyways i did get owned by old info, i admit..but im not a chump, you dont have to come off like ur hard or something..if you wanna make this personal we can. we can definately meet and then we'll see. someone has a question, answer it to the best of your knowledge..if the answers wrong, correct it...but dont be an ******* about it. btw, raine, you got those bride brackets still?
you tough-guy'd it first. let's all get along and no problems whatsoever, but at least do some updated research before you go off discussing a point that is outdated.

And no, those sold a long time ago bro.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:15 PM

i got pulled over and i have a sr blacktop. the cop opened my hood. didnt see anything that caught his attention and let me go reason i got pulled over was too loud exhaust. the cop asked if i had any performance parts and i said no engine is stock.

cops are weaksauce
Old 01-27-2005, 08:52 PM

On the thing about the SR20DE being legal in California, without seeing the "engine importers catalogue" we can assume it's a legal swap for the 240sx because it's used in a passenger vehicle here in the USA and in California so it's a legal swap as long as it passes emissions.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

no it is not it never came in the car so it is not legal in califonia
Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by bfdd
On the thing about the SR20DE being legal in California, without seeing the "engine importers catalogue" we can assume it's a legal swap for the 240sx because it's used in a passenger vehicle here in the USA and in California so it's a legal swap as long as it passes emissions.
Nope... the only SR20DE's sold in cars in the U.S. were the front-wheel drive versions found in SE-R's, NX2000's, and G20's.

Quick Reply: Legalities of Engine Swaps