S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/engine-swaps-13/)
-   -   Possible chance of legalizing SR's and RB's and CA's (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/engine-swaps-13/possible-chance-legalizing-srs-rbs-cas-38828/)

DALAZ_68 04-16-2007 10:28 PM

Possible chance of legalizing SR's and RB's and CA's

saw this in www.zilvia.net and thought it would be important for us to join in the effort

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=132325

please take a look....i for one wont hesitate to add my name to the list....im just waiting for my apporval to post lol

please take a look guys it might happen

MS!3 04-17-2007 03:32 PM

yea ive seen it on zilvia also. dont really see the point. i read the only way itll be legal is if all the emmsions and what not are kept and its stock. if your gonna swap in a motor, build it and beat the **** out of it at teh track. dont swap in a motor just because, ecpecially if its just gonna be a daily, just keep the ka. legalizing "jdm motors" for street use is a waste of time unless there gonna let you mod them also.

DALAZ_68 04-17-2007 04:08 PM

we mod cars nonetheless

if we can atleast make em legal all u need to do is take off the smog parts when u dont need em, and when its time for emmisions again bolt them back on.... all i knoe is its better than letting it be totally illegal.... this way its a bit better

re037 04-17-2007 06:51 PM

or get aftermarket parts CARB approved after the mess of getting the stock engine approved.

california air resources board is a huge beaureaucratic mess. needs to be broken down and simplified.

battosaii930 04-17-2007 07:39 PM

or move to florida nice roads and no emissions only downfall is no mountains :(

jramosthe1st! 04-17-2007 07:47 PM

here we go again.
with people like AL gore and others crying about the depleting ozone layer and global warming and the green house affect, and blah blah blah blah.
i don't think these engines will ever be legalized.

if fact more stringent regulations will be passed to the point that we'll all be driving honda hybrids.

Levi SPL S14 04-17-2007 08:33 PM

These engines will never be legalized. Nothing really gets legalized unless someone/company its getting richer. Thats how life goes.

The amount of people who want that are to few. Not even enough to cause a stir in the way things go.

DALAZ_68 04-18-2007 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by re037 (Post 312367)
or get aftermarket parts CARB approved after the mess of getting the stock engine approved.

california air resources board is a huge beaureaucratic mess. needs to be broken down and simplified.

totally agree with that

but why bash at a glimps of hope... id rather just try to stay on te positive... every bit helps i think

hitthatluugh 04-26-2007 05:30 AM

i'm glad i dont live in cali. I don't think i could handle that CARB crap. I support it though at least they're trying.

SilviaVerT 04-26-2007 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by battosaii930 (Post 312388)
or move to florida nice roads and no emissions only downfall is no mountains :(

Thats Right!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilie_thumbsup:

cronux 04-28-2007 02:33 AM

or wisconsin, the 2 cops in my town prolly havent even heard of a 240sx, let alone a SR20det, or any other engine for that matter. and there are hills! downfall is snow in the winter, and lack of asians.

battosaii930 04-28-2007 04:32 AM

oh yea in florida we also got 93 octane gas dunno about other states but i know cali only has 91octane lol

battosaii930 04-28-2007 04:35 AM

omg SilviaVerT dude you live in Elizabeth NJ? dude i lived there for like all my life my grandma still lives there lol, i came down to florida when i started highschool but i went to roosevelt for elementry/middle school

re037 04-28-2007 11:01 AM

rather have earthquakes then floods and hurricanes =/

i think itll be much easier if greddy makes a carb legal turbo kit for the s13 ka. solves the power hunger for most ppl looking into swaps and should be nearly identical to their s14 kit. its kind of a no-brainer and if they wouldve done it years ago, the 240 community would be dominantly ka-t by now with a lot more carb parts.

RuizXIII 04-28-2007 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Levi SPL S14 (Post 312436)
These engines will never be legalized. Nothing really gets legalized unless someone/company its getting richer. Thats how life goes.

The amount of people who want that are too few. Not even enough to cause a stir in the way things go.

What can I say. Man is 100% ****ing right.
But it won't stop people from still swaping motors. So who cares about "legal"