Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

small changes to start

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:32 PM

small changes to start

i recently dropped a red-top into my 240. got a nice fujitsubo exhaust, new fuel pump, new headlamps with the H14 conversion, but everything else is totally stock. so i'm thinking about intercoolers right now and the greddy-m it seems to be the intercooler of choice but i was wondering if there are any other modifications that people have made to even slightly increase their horsepower or torque? i got an autometer and i'm looking at manual boost control now too (anyone have recommendations on that too?) but I still would like to find other small things. opinions on intercoolers, boost control are also greatly appreciated.

also mods, my apologies on if i posted in the wrong forum.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

Forget the power for now and work on your suspension and brakes, no point in a lot of power if you can't control it or stop it.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

+1100
Old 08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by shaban
Forget the power for now and work on your suspension and brakes, no point in a lot of power if you can't control it or stop it.
Yet another person who has proven my point! THANK YOU!!!!!!! LOL

Yeah bro, just leave the SR stock for now, build up the suspension and do a Z32 front brake conversion first.

Shaban's buddy is doing a group buy on new coils, 750 for a set is CHEAP! Spend the $ correctly, otherwise, that car will end up in the scrap yard, no joke.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 PM

ah yes, suspension. unfortunately, the coil overs i want to throw on my car are out of my price range right now. also i don't want to do the brake conversion yet because that means finding a sweet set of 5 lug wheels and i don't know what my ultimate goal with the car is yet.

currently, i was thinking more along the lines of cooling mods. i was thinking of running some ducting from the filter to lower the temp a bit, changing the thermostat, and i'm considering whether or not to greddy-m intercooler or putting together my own, i think price wise it might just be worth it to go greddy. anyone know the dimensions on the greddy core. i really want to get as much out of the stock motor for the next 3 months before winter rolls around. any opinions on the ducting?