S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   brands (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/brands-1826/)

spitz7985 10-31-2002 08:50 AM

brands

there are about a million and a half brands out there. how do they compare to one another?

which is the best for suspension?
-stillen
-cusco
-whiteline
-tein
-eibach
-koni
-agx
-suspension techniques
-apex'i
any other good ones that i missed?

what about engine parts and electronics?
greddy
apex'i
blitz
veilside
hks
k&n
aem
any other good ones that i missed?

malicex000 10-31-2002 08:57 AM

holy cow... everyone has their own preference... i have eibachs on right now and im very pleased... if i were to upgrade to a more expensive brand such as teins, i know i would be more pleased... whatever floats your boat... this thread is gonna go on for a while... youll see :D

SilvaPwr 10-31-2002 10:42 AM

this is all i have to say about brands...do your homework, research the company, do they use thier products in race applications? has anyone you know used thier product and liked it? disliked? do you homework and then purchase the product, i have learned the hard way sometimes by going cheap and getting crap. wanna go cheap? then go home! lol

Catharsis 10-31-2002 11:24 AM

what kind of aplication are yo ugoing to use your car for? Tein is a great company but they are hard and nearly unstreetrable but great for race. Cusco is coilovers are great also they are softer but offer great preformance they are streetable and you can thake the racing no problem. any of those brands make good products but those are the two i prefer. leaning a bit more to Cusco (becasue i have cusco parts)

spitz7985 10-31-2002 01:42 PM

i'm just talking about overall quality of the products the companies make, not necessarily specific products such as coilovers or what the products the company makes are used for.

Catharsis 10-31-2002 02:42 PM

they are all quality and worth the money its just that, depending on your aplication will detertermine they effective use of it.

spitz7985 10-31-2002 03:11 PM

they all cant be of the same quality.

Import Fanatix 10-31-2002 03:23 PM

Originally posted by spitz7985
they all cant be of the same quality.
In actuality they are all reputable companies and all depends on what brand you like and what you like. If you want JDM then go with JDM products and if you like more home brand stuff then go with that.

rudeboy 10-31-2002 07:35 PM

its funny you say go more hometown if you like it like that.
i almost never see any good USA products for our cars. OBX and Injen are only a couple that ring bells.

not that i'm knockin the US brands but japan seems to have really got the R&D down.

what are some US brands thay anybody have had good or bad expierances with?>

boro240 10-31-2002 07:37 PM

for suspension you forgot JIC and HKS

LI S13 Blacktop 11-01-2002 11:06 AM

and TOP SECRET and JUN didnt make the list? fishy, i'd say they are the top at the game : D

I'm with Stupid 11-01-2002 07:59 PM

Tomei, Toda, Zeal, Nismo, HPI.... all good companies....