S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Do They Really Drift? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/do-they-really-drift-36674/)

positron 01-03-2007 12:26 PM

Do They Really Drift?

I browse a couple of different forums and I read threads and people are constantly saying how they drift this and that. I've tried it and I've been riding with people who have done it and it's not easy. IN MY OPINION, there's no way all these people who claim to be doing it actually are. What do you think?:dunno:

Bryan 01-03-2007 02:19 PM

Huh?

jerry7784 01-03-2007 04:27 PM

are you on drugs guy!!!

jspaeth 01-03-2007 04:42 PM

No, I agree with the thread starter here.....

I think there are probably a lot of people out there that think they "drift" there cars, but it is instead some crude form of going fast and then cutting the wheel fast and breaking traction.

The main point is that most people that claim to drift probably aren't amazing at....I think that's what he is geting at

bucket240 01-03-2007 04:51 PM

I suck at drifting, I will admit it!

LA_phantom_240 01-03-2007 08:33 PM

Originally posted by jspaeth
No, I agree with the thread starter here.....

I think there are probably a lot of people out there that think they "drift" there cars, but it is instead some crude form of going fast and then cutting the wheel fast and breaking traction.

The main point is that most people that claim to drift probably aren't amazing at....I think that's what he is geting at

x2..

And btw whats up with ur sig? Its massive!

jspaeth 01-03-2007 08:41 PM

Yeah I guess I should get rid of it....I wish there was an option on here where you could post pics of your car and list your mods....other than in a thread, like you click on the person's name and it takes you to their "profile"

Baby_Drifter 01-03-2007 10:30 PM

lol I dont drift, I just do donuts :D haha, Then again with my timing chain going, I don't push it lol. But I do agree :P

jerry7784 01-04-2007 02:43 AM

yeah thats probably what he means, i'm not the best either but its fun!!

2fast4y0u 01-04-2007 06:00 AM

go to clubfr.net...those people are all real

SRdeals 01-04-2007 04:26 PM

i also suck at drifting... and i get pretty spittin' angry when people at cars shows come up to you and ask you about drifting or tell you that their cousin's-friend's-sister's-boyfriend's-uncle is a hardcore drifter and that they are "learning". ...... i practice a crude (although completely sideways) form of drifting which i don't know how to classify.. it goes like this first i come up to a mellow, safe looking turn , i coast up at about 40mph, hold clutch in and shift to second, let out clutch right before the turn and cut the wheel HARD and apply full throttle. no e-brake , and no Jun-Supra style smokefest, just slidin' sidewayz and staying in control (for the most part).

SLIDEGOOD.COM 01-04-2007 06:07 PM

I depends on the person. Some people get the concept of what they are supposed to do and learn quicker than the majority of people who think it is just going fast and taking a corner so fast you end up sliding. Thats not drifting there is a lot of skill, technique and balls involved to make yourself good.

Zenki_SliderS14 01-04-2007 06:22 PM

I AM DRIFT MASTER...lol jk

jspaeth 01-04-2007 07:49 PM

Yeah I literally know NOTHING about drifting, but I get the impression that most "real" drifters have a lot of power, enough to break the tires loose almost at will....

Bryan 01-05-2007 01:57 AM

Ahhh, well if thats what he means then, like others said, I think a lot of people think they are drifting when they break traction a little bit, blah blah blah, posers, the usual lol.