S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   FB vs. coupe (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/fb-vs-coupe-1146/)

spitz7985 08-20-2002 02:29 PM

FB vs. coupe

s13 se FB vs. s13 se coupe

any differences besides the obvious?

Import Fanatix 08-20-2002 02:42 PM

coupe =50 pounds lighter, stiffer due to rear seat iron.

fastback=most popular, looks the best =) (not because I have one hee hee:D ) and was made in Japan for 8 years, so it had to be the better one.

malicex000 08-21-2002 10:06 AM

fb= looks sportier in my opinion.... easier turning i would think because its smaller

coupe= great car... starting to like it alot more than before...but i would just pick the fb over it...

StanBo 08-21-2002 04:46 PM

I am not going to touch this for fear of a flame war.

I don't think there is much of a difference in length. Here are the hard numbers:

Length Coupe 178 in Fastback 178 in.

I don't want to start the flame but I have to back my small number of coupe owners.

We are the same length!

Coupe is rare.

Yes the fastback was made for 8 years but it was replaced by COUPES! :eek:

I'm with Stupid 08-21-2002 08:13 PM

Don't forget fastbacks are better balanced

Statik 08-21-2002 08:37 PM

The small advantages and disadvantages of the two models shouldnt really be picked apart. There both great cars with alot of potential, So by whichever is the most visually appealing to you.

Statik

rudeboy 08-22-2002 01:39 AM

gotta rep for us fastback owners.
i like the fact that with no rear seat there ia a lot of wheel/cargo room

StanBo 08-22-2002 03:23 AM

Originally posted by Statik
The small advantages and disadvantages of the two models shouldnt really be picked apart. There both great cars with alot of potential, So by whichever is the most visually appealing to you.

Statik

Thank you.

Import Fanatix 08-22-2002 05:33 AM

Well lets not start any flmae wars, but they are some subtle differences to the cars, and if that should be mentioned then thats cool, so from here on out no more opinions:tear:, just facts on the differences, but i think thats about all the differences.

malicex000 08-22-2002 07:17 AM

stan really ?! man im soo lazy i never noticed... i really thought my car was smaller... but that just shows that i know jack about cars.... but like i said before and thanks to stan ...the coupe has grown into me... im starting to like it much more than before... and yes its really rare... which makes it even better when u see a nice one on the streets

StanBo 08-22-2002 02:57 PM

Are you saying mine aint nice. F it all I am going to eat McDonalds and slit my wrists! j/k

Yeah they are the same size and I like my coupe.

I am alway one to say I would like a hatch but it would have to be an SE because I want a rear wiper and power inside.

Import Fanatix 08-24-2002 03:48 PM

Remember Mr. Bo, power inside = more weight= slower, gotta be like me baby excercise those hands and keep it lighter, minus the ICE.

StanBo 08-24-2002 05:48 PM

F that. When I pull up next to a friend I don't want to have to lean over to open the window. Power is nice.

malicex000 08-24-2002 10:25 PM

yeah man power windows rock.... stan has the point of saying u have to bend all the way over to open the windows....

StanBo 08-25-2002 08:04 AM

Another difference is in the sunroofs.

Coupe = Larger. Power. Slides open.

FB = Pops open at an angle. But can be removed by taking off some clips.

They almost draw even again. The only drawbacks I can find is that the coupe is power so that is a thing that can break. The FB's have to be unhinged and unclipped. But there is no set area for you to store the glass.