S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   THE GARAGE GUIDE Part 2 of 4: 10 Convenient Tools to Have (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/garage-guide-part-2-4-10-convenient-tools-have-17152/)

l2aine 11-05-2004 08:31 AM

JAY'S GARAGE GUIDES: 10 Convenient Tools to Have (part 2 of 4)

EDIT: you can find the entire writeup here:
http://garage.projectraine.com

Thanks =)b]

-HyJynX- 11-05-2004 11:02 AM

Stickied

:thumbsup:

S14Dude 11-05-2004 11:40 AM

nice. i like the new sig btw jay.

kable 11-07-2004 01:29 PM

good stuff, u should make a tutorial on how to clean engine bays...damnnnn

l2aine 11-07-2004 02:10 PM

Originally posted by kable
good stuff, u should make a tutorial on how to clean engine bays...damnnnn
good idea - so far I have 4 garage guides (parts 1-4) ready to go, Iplus in the works are guides like "brake rotor swap", "sleepy eye techniques" lol... you know, some of the easier stuff that people who haven't worked on their cars yet or have little experience working on cars in general could benefit from... not to mention the threads that always seem to pop up once a week or so.

WHICH REMINDS ME - Hyjynx, anyway to contact the main forum mod, maybe to open up a new section for "how-to's" and such? The FAQ section is "forum faq", and I think our forum members will benefit a lot if there was a "how-to" section... but not so much "public" - more like a section where you can't actually make a new thread - but you can post questions on current threads... and only mods can move threads into the "how-to" section. I think that would be better organized and it'll keep the section from being flooded with some useless stuff (i.e. the parts review section is rarely filled with actual "parts reviews").

:)

-HyJynX- 11-07-2004 10:50 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

WHICH REMINDS ME - Hyjynx, anyway to contact the main forum mod, maybe to open up a new section for "how-to's" and such? The FAQ section is "forum faq", and I think our forum members will benefit a lot if there was a "how-to" section... but not so much "public" - more like a section where you can't actually make a new thread - but you can post questions on current threads... and only mods can move threads into the "how-to" section. I think that would be better organized and it'll keep the section from being flooded with some useless stuff (i.e. the parts review section is rarely filled with actual "parts reviews").

:)

You will have to E-mail PSM or bigbird to see if they can set something up like that. But the part where you can only reply to thread and not make them sounds a bit...tough to do but I'm not sure. Hopefully they will reply soon:pand great idea

konflik 11-08-2004 12:39 AM

Excellent how-to l2aine. I'm about to start buying some tools when I move back up to the D/FW area and these have been helping alot. :spin:

Ok, now sorry for being a bit off topic, but just wanted to add my 2 cents here.

You could create a group and add members who know what they're really doing and want to write up how-to's. Then create a forum in which the permissions only allow that group to "Can post new threads". Your registered group would only allow "Can reply to other's threads" and below along with the normal view + search at the top.

Hm, now that I think about it I'm sure your admin(s) already know this. So just ignore me. :D

kable 11-08-2004 07:49 PM

i love faqs, u cant beat threads PACKED with info....another faq id like to see would be the painting valve cover faq...it would just be great to have a database of walkthroughs....nice work raine

l2aine 11-09-2004 12:07 AM

Originally posted by kable
i love faqs, u cant beat threads PACKED with info....another faq id like to see would be the painting valve cover faq...it would just be great to have a database of walkthroughs....nice work raine
"painting valve cover" - good idea. I've done it more than once (many cars) so I've added it to the list :thumb:

S14Dude 11-09-2004 01:09 AM

lol. KA blacktop!!

srslider 11-12-2004 06:28 AM

I really like the idea of a how to's it would really clear up alot in the engine swaps section and make it a whole lot easier to access.:werd:

kable 11-13-2004 06:25 PM

installing a basic turbo faq would be sweet, but unlikely im guessing

gazelle 12-07-2004 11:58 AM

the how-too's are the only reason i visit zilvia.net... hell if there were some on here, would save some time =D possibly sections, body work how toos, electrical, lighting, whatever, would be stellar

l2aine 12-07-2004 12:31 PM

Originally posted by gazelle
the how-too's are the only reason i visit zilvia.net... hell if there were some on here, would save some time =D possibly sections, body work how toos, electrical, lighting, whatever, would be stellar
I totally agree :thumb: