S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Need Help....need Registered Importer Info (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/need-help-need-registered-importer-info-4112/)

RedStage 05-26-2003 11:53 PM

Need Help....need Registered Importer Info

Anyone got info on any of the following?

Looking for a Registered importer....Location not important right now. Looking at finding a way to bring my 180SX to the US, if I can't remain in Japan (Like I am supposed to.)

The other option is a company to contact about bringing in my car as a :tear: front cut.....

Any help appreciated.

Marc

Spec240sx 05-27-2003 09:18 AM

If you are civillian, it will cost you more than a drop in the bucket.
If military, check with the Armed forces move office. You get 1 freebie to use for yourself.

-HyJynX- 05-27-2003 10:50 AM

yea the people in the armed forces r so lucky!:(

RedStage 05-29-2003 05:09 AM

Shipping is not the problem....

It is getting the car legalized that is going to be the hard part.

My opinion is that all I need to do is get a parts car.

Change the bumpers, doors, windows, headlights and mirrors... AND THAT SHOULD BE IT.

Had a Nissan 240SX test car here in Japan lined up years ago (5,000 kilometers on the odometer) that would have been perfect. Had it bought for $400. One of the workers accidentally parked a Nissan Hardbody pick up on the 240 and destroyed it.....

He got fired....

wushu4u 05-29-2003 05:23 AM

Try contacting MotorX as they import the cars all of the time and they may be able to tell you where to go.

Justin.b 05-29-2003 05:48 AM

Re: Shipping is not the problem....

Originally posted by RedStage
It is getting the car legalized that is going to be the hard part.

My opinion is that all I need to do is get a parts car.

Change the bumpers, doors, windows, headlights and mirrors... AND THAT SHOULD BE IT.

Had a Nissan 240SX test car here in Japan lined up years ago (5,000 kilometers on the odometer) that would have been perfect. Had it bought for $400. One of the workers accidentally parked a Nissan Hardbody pick up on the 240 and destroyed it.....

He got fired....

Probably not that easy. As far as I know, none of the importers have gone through the effort of having the SR20DET EPA tested. If you were bringing a Skyline in you could probably benefit from Motorex's leg work, but with the 180SX it's going to be difficult to make it legal.

Here's a horrible illegal idea. Find a parts car. Swap the VIN plates from the parts car to your 180sx. Register your 180SX as the US parts car.

Not sure what the penalties are for doing that, but I think they're pretty steep. But then again, so are the penalties for running an SR here is anyone ever gets caught and punished for it.

-Justin

I'm with Stupid 05-29-2003 10:36 AM

I seriously doubt running an SR is anywhere near as severe as swapping VINS. I think swapping VINS gets you jail time doesn't it?

I think the best idea would be to import the 180sx for offroad use only then buy a 240sx and swap whatever parts you want....:dunno:

RedStage 05-29-2003 07:49 PM

MOTOREX

Has been no help....e-mailed them 4 times now with no response.

Looking into Off road and Kit car for importing.....

wushu4u 05-29-2003 08:03 PM

Call Motorx...they should have a number. But if not them then I am not sure who to call.

RedStage 05-30-2003 01:13 AM

Will wait a bit....

Hopefully I am just spooled up that I might have to leave Japan.

IF I get the final word that I have to go I guess I will give them a call. I know a few people that have taken GTR's back...hopefully I could ask them to put in a word for me.