S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Pickup Tomorrow! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/pickup-tomorrow-24834/)

Cape 240 07-23-2005 06:47 PM

Pickup Tomorrow!

Hey guys, i'm heading out tomorrow morning on a 2 1/2 hour drive to go pick up my car. I've been waiting 4 months, i haven't even seen it yet ( step-dad checked it out ). All i know is that its a '89 Fastback, Red, Passenger side door is smashed.

I'll be driving it back, should have pics up by tomorrow night. Wish me luck!!

pooptown 07-23-2005 07:25 PM

good luck, I bet you're too excited to sleep ain't ya, I know I was when I picked up my 89 fastback. but more good luck to ya:thumb:

Cape 240 07-23-2005 07:41 PM

yah dude, i hope i can get some shut-eye!!

pooptown 07-23-2005 07:54 PM

haha, hope the sleepin thing works out

SpeedDemon4x4 07-23-2005 08:04 PM

yeah i know i wouldn't be able to sleep. If i ever get a chance to get my Eclipse i want or my SRT-4 then i know i will not even sleep that night after i get it. I will be thinking about all the mods for it lol.. I will probably have to sleep in the car jus to sleep lol..

Fast1One 07-23-2005 08:18 PM

Good luck...uhh how smashed is the door? :D

Cape 240 07-23-2005 08:31 PM

all i have to do is replace the door skin, which is only gonna put me in about $250 nothing else is wrong with it.
At the same time thats going on i'm adding a PDM-Racing GPS Body kit . ( If i have $250 left over, then a JDM Type-X wing. )
Once both are installed, its going in for a custom show-quality paint job.

Not sure whether to go with a 3-stage flip-flop or a dark orange pearlescent.

... The guy has replaced the oil every 3k, he just got a full tune-up, allignment last month, new rear brake pads, and new sway bars 13 months ago... he babied the car. He replaced it with a 2006 Acura TSX 6-spd

PICS TOMORROW AFTERNOON. :-D See you all then!

DARKEST_HOUR 07-23-2005 08:58 PM

Cool

Ayuaddict 07-23-2005 10:22 PM

SOHC status...lol...i remember when i went to get my car i was chain smoking like crazy cuz i was so anxious/excited...i bought it strait up when i saw it...lol...good luck with your car...personally i would recommend coilovers instead of the kit cuz the pig nose is pretty damn sexy already but whatever you want...lol

lrb_2000 07-24-2005 01:17 AM

yeah I agree ^... it's a lot better investment.. I always think "why make it look fast if it isn't"... you know? but it's your car, do whatever the hell you want.. good luck... I slept about 2 hours the night before I went to get my car.. but I had to drive 6 hours there, then 6 hours back.. i was hella tired.

Ayuaddict 07-24-2005 03:25 AM

lol...and when you think about it...even if your after looks...the most important part of your cars visual appeal is the stance...how low your car is and the rims/tires...especially, a stock ride height car with stock rims and a nice body kit actually makes the car look worse...

PsYkHoTiC 07-24-2005 03:39 AM

Ah I'm hoping to pick up my first 240 sometime in the next 2 weeks. I can't sleep and I don't even know if I going to get it! I'd fly to get it and drive it back 18 hours! I want a 240 so bad tho been looking for over a year now. Good luck with the car man.

Cape 240 07-24-2005 05:02 AM

only reason i'm doing visual first is because i've got to get the door skin replaced and painted, but since i'm getting a custom paint, i have to get all the body work done first.

This is the order:
Body/Paint
Intake
Headers/Exhuast
Coilovers

.. not sure what else the future holds, its my first car, so i'm going to go pretty light on the setup -- for now.

BigVinnie 07-24-2005 09:38 AM

Originally posted by Cape 240
.. not sure what else the future holds, its my first car, so i'm going to go pretty light on the setup -- for now.
If you are KAE, and the engine still runs good I would just do a KAET bolt on, ecu and injectors, 8lb.s of boost would sound good for about 230CHP. I found a couple of kits for under 2G's, then you can get some sik acceleration, with that body kit of yours.
Good luck man hope you like the 2FEEZY.......

M374llic4 07-24-2005 11:26 AM

What always helps me is hitting the switch connected to the brown wire. Always makes me very sleepy.