S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Should i get a 240 without the Hicas or what? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/should-i-get-240-without-hicas-what-4484/)

rhd240 06-23-2003 09:28 PM

Should i get a 240 without the Hicas or what?

Should I or not cuz i here some people in here that say its wack and others say its good. So im stump what should i get.

Another question is what 240 should i buy fastback or coupe. I know i can put the S13 front on the fastback and make it a Sileighty or should i get the coupe and put the front on that. Any opinions would be really appreciated. Thanks guys

Bryan 06-23-2003 11:48 PM

The fastback or coupe is your preferance, don't get one or the other because someone tells you to, I personally like fastbacks better but again thats just my opinion. I'm not real familiar with the HICAS but, like you said, I do hear a lot of people don't like it.

rudeboy 06-24-2003 07:13 AM

the Hicas modle it our version of a silvia K's model. dont like 4ws...get rid of it. keep the stock LSD.

-HyJynX- 06-24-2003 08:39 AM

if i were u i wouldnt get HICAS...

ZainL 06-24-2003 03:36 PM

i have hicas but i dont really know what it is. can someone explain to me what it is? or where i can find info on it? thanx

-HyJynX- 06-24-2003 03:47 PM

i belive its 4ws(4 wheel steering) So instead of the front tires doin the steering, all 4 tires steer together. Which means not that great for drifting..

Bryan 06-24-2003 03:48 PM

HICAS is basically 4-wheel steering. When you take some turns, your back wheels will turn a few degrees

ZainL 06-24-2003 04:29 PM

oh okay i understand it now. so its no good for drifting?

-HyJynX- 06-24-2003 04:35 PM

well im not totally sure about no good, but from wut i hear it isnt as "easy"

rudeboy 06-24-2003 05:01 PM

look.... dont listen to people who say Hicas modles are no good. the system can be disabled......ohhhhhhh

they hicas model is fully ecquipped with all the goodies...

i would buy one and spend the $60 to disable HICAS...if i wanted to drift.
i say buy it. and disable.....

dont pass up a good deal on an S13 like that becasue it's not a good set-up for drifting.....feel me?

-HyJynX- 06-24-2003 05:17 PM

Originally posted by rudeboy
look.... dont listen to people who say Hicas modles are no good. the system can be disabled......ohhhhhhh

they hicas model is fully ecquipped with all the goodies...

i would buy one and spend the $60 to disable HICAS...if i wanted to drift.
i say buy it. and disable.....

dont pass up a good deal on an S13 like that becasue it's not a good set-up for drifting.....feel me?

lol i forgot u can disable it ahha:laugh: :laugh: dumb me

SSJChar 06-24-2003 05:36 PM

is the kit only 60 bucks? thats good then, i thought they were more expensive.

rudeboy 06-24-2003 05:47 PM

depends on where you get the kit from.
sone are heavy and others are light weight....some require you to remove the whole system(recomended)...others just act as a tension rod between bothe wheels..

either way it's the "best" S13 sold in the US(aside from JDM S13's)

StanBo 06-24-2003 06:10 PM

Originally posted by rudeboy
depends on where you get the kit from.
sone are heavy and others are light weight....some require you to remove the whole system(recomended)...others just act as a tension rod between bothe wheels..

either way it's the "best" S13 sold in the US(aside from JDM S13's)

And get this VLSD without having to ask if you have it. Hicas eliminator.

Rip the lines out and the controller.

DONE.

We have to do it on a friends 300zx because he ruined it drifting.