S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Stig is FINALLY going to buy a Nissan!!! **Hint's inside** (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/stig-finally-going-buy-nissan-%2A%2Ahints-inside%2A%2A-40372/)

USMCDrifter 07-21-2007 10:44 PM

Stig is FINALLY going to buy a Nissan!!! **Hint's inside**

1 Attachment(s)
Well . . .it's come to this . . .the BMW is starting to cost a bit much, so it's time for something more practical . . .so I went down to Atlanta with my friend who owns a dealership here in Douglasville . . .and he sells . . .well . . .special Nissans . . . .

Here's a hint as to what his lot looks like and to what I'll be buying . . .

Attachment 21668

12 in total

Ta ta

-Stig

yarou 07-21-2007 11:03 PM

That's really cool, how do you plan on legalizing it? And are you planning on getting a GTS-T or a GTR? Tell me babe.

USMCDrifter 07-21-2007 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They're already legal, well . . .the R33 and the Evo III aren't legal but the R32s are all legal . . .I was going to get a GTS-T . . .but I remember what happened to my OLD GTS-t

Attachment 21667

:(

And seeing as how my BMW is already my track car, I think I'll get a GTR and use it as my daily driver and my entry car for the NvS Run.

-Stig

silviaks2nr 07-21-2007 11:37 PM

awesome. i bet you miss the gts-t

USMCDrifter 07-21-2007 11:40 PM

:(

More than you know dude, it was such a fun drifter . . .*sigh* it used to hold some crazy angle, but I obviously wasn't good enough for such an advanced car, should have just stuck with the 180 :(

-Stig

LA_phantom_240 07-22-2007 06:36 AM

You're a bastard.

lol jk. How much is it gonna set you back?

battosaii930 07-22-2007 08:52 AM

that GTS-T looks very fixable u didnt fix it? anyway good luck on the GT-R buy get a black r32 GT-R and put a "Night Kids" sticker on it! jk:rofl:

Biggamehit 07-22-2007 09:37 AM

every one thinks skylines cost alot. they only cost when you dont know the right people bros.. il have mine soon brothers. COOL **** david

Bryan 07-22-2007 10:00 AM

Awesome....swap the seats and send me the stock ones lol.

bucket240 07-22-2007 10:15 AM

thats not fair! Why cant I know someone who sells special nissans!

USMCDrifter 07-22-2007 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 (Post 327067)
You're a bastard.

lol jk. How much is it gonna set you back?

Not sure, right now it's looking to be between 5K for this rusty looking one and it can go all the way up to about 15k for the more modified ones. There's one thats low mileage, but that costs about the same price as a Boxter . . .no thank you.

Originally Posted by battosaii930 (Post 327074)
that GTS-T looks very fixable u didnt fix it? anyway good luck on the GT-R buy get a black r32 GT-R and put a "Night Kids" sticker on it! jk:rofl:

Yeah, but I left her back in Okinawa, soooo, yeah, besides after seeing this lot, I now know what REALLY happens to cars don't pass Customs Inspection, no more following myths, I only go by facts now.

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 327076)
every one thinks skylines cost alot. they only cost when you dont know the right people bros.. il have mine soon brothers. COOL **** david

This is very true, they really aren't that expensive once you're in the game, however, this game is weird. For those who are from a hood like mine (Queens and South Miami) you know that the game is like husslin, once you get in, it's hard to get out.

Originally Posted by Bryan (Post 327086)
Awesome....swap the seats and send me the stock ones lol.

HAHAHA! You betcha, but you have to do that thing for me that you do with your left foot . . . .I liked that!!! LOL!

-Stig

Bryan 07-22-2007 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter (Post 327090)
HAHAHA! You betcha, but you have to do that thing for me that you do with your left foot . . . .I liked that!!! LOL!

-Stig

You betcha, I gotta show you this thing I taught myself with my right foot...I mean....you sick sick person:SHOCKED:

On a serious note, keep us updated and let us know what you get, and don't forget pics!

USMCDrifter 07-22-2007 11:37 AM

Definitely, I just hope AB doesn't make a liar outta me, because I hate failing, I hate lying to my friends and I don't like being disappointed.

We'll see,

-Stig

DriftX 07-22-2007 03:15 PM

Man.. A gtr would be ultra sexy.

BigVinnie 07-22-2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter (Post 327090)
Not sure, right now it's looking to be between 5K for this rusty looking one and it can go all the way up to about 15k for the more modified ones. There's one thats low mileage, but that costs about the same price as a Boxter . . .no thank you.

-Stig

Still a good deal though, my friend just bought a 91 AUDI TT for $15000. compound the intrest he's paying $19000 total on it in 4 years....
Your getting a much better deal and it's a reliable NISSAN!!!

BTW..How is the R32 legal?
I know it's hard to get one in california and most state refs won't pass it because it isn't C.A.R.B compliant, I don't even think it is EPA approved.

ryguy 07-22-2007 04:54 PM

Get me one too.

Biggamehit 07-22-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie (Post 327122)
Still a good deal though, my friend just bought a 91 AUDI TT for $15000. compound the intrest he's paying $19000 total on it in 4 years....
Your getting a much better deal and it's a reliable NISSAN!!!

BTW..How is the R32 legal?
I know it's hard to get one in california and most state refs won't pass it because it isn't C.A.R.B compliant, I don't even think it is EPA approved.

they can be legalized but the price is high.. im not telling people to do bad things, but knowing people in motor vehicles and good welders can get you by. a full legalization with papers will set you back a bit if you are not financially stable.. my buddy who's skyline i drove paid 10k for his entire package which was car and all legal papers.

the R33 is the only one that is technically legal becuase it was crash tested and did well. there is much more behind this, but google is your friend.

Kobrevo 07-29-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 327136)
they can be legalized but the price is high.. im not telling people to do bad things, but knowing people in motor vehicles and good welders can get you by. a full legalization with papers will set you back a bit if you are not financially stable.. my buddy who's skyline i drove paid 10k for his entire package which was car and all legal papers.

the R33 is the only one that is technically legal becuase it was crash tested and did well. there is much more behind this, but google is your friend.

Please tell me more or PM me!! I would love to know how to get an R32 for not too much money. I met some guy at a car show who drives an S15. He used to own an R33 I think. He sold it and got the S15. I am going to try to get more info from him on how to get an S15 or a skyline here in CA. I have always wanted one of either but we will see what happens in a few years.

USMCDrifter 07-30-2007 02:00 AM

Like DJ said, Google is your buddy, I'm a firm believer in this, I often find myself just telling people to look things up because it's almost as if they refuse to do a little research themselves, oh well . . . .things happen.

In addition to what Donny has already said, keep in mind that all cars from Japan that are made AFTER the 1996 Model year (August of 1995) MUST have an OBDII fitted to their cars in order to pass California emissions.

BigVinnie, keep in mind that I live in Georgia, one of the East Coast's LARGEST international shipping ports. We do NOT have to ship into California, so we don't have t worry about cars being C.A.R.B legal, they just have to meet Georgia's criteria, which is moot seeing as how they're sent to port in Savannah. If push comes to shove, we can have cars sent to port in Miami which currently does not require cars to pass any EPA standards before coming ashore.

I think, of the east coast, DJ is going to have the hardest time with one, unless he knows someone that guards the shores. Maryland currently has the most strict port (according to research that I've done) for embargo. The customs agents there look at everything. Miami is usually just on the hunt for drugs and other illegal items so a Skyline without a cat or safety glass isn't an issue for them. Savannah is more concerned with the drug-trade as well, not only that, but there are TOO many surrounding cities of Savannah that do not require emissions and NO Georgia city requires a safety inspection.

-Stig

Biggamehit 07-30-2007 06:06 AM

uhm the cars are already here bro also i worked at the port of baltimore LOL.....

ps

SHut up stig.. SLAP... Elbow... punch

NiSmO Knight 07-30-2007 03:34 PM

I kinda figured there was a little loop, but you guys are out of CA... myself and Vinnie on the other hand... dont have it so easy. If a Skyline comes into CA borders, it must be inspected. CA Motor-V has it in their procedure manuals (and this is all programmed into their computers) that any vehicle imported from Japan must have DOT papers, BAR certificate and EPA approvals.

I know, we suck... you guys can say it already. I want a GTR so bad, but I cant afford the 100K price tag of the R36... That would be my ultimate retirment car. I guess I should start playing the lotto. If I win, DJ, Stig and Bryan get a GTR in the drive way with a red bow tie for their b-days.

Biggamehit 07-30-2007 03:49 PM

nice bro.. play them numbers

USMCDrifter 07-30-2007 04:32 PM

YAY! That gets you the bookoo cool points, LOL!

-Stig

NiSmO Knight 07-30-2007 08:52 PM

Seriously, if I win BIG, 3/4 of the cash is going to be invested and then... yeah... Wyclef's garage will be the equivalent of my driveway, not even looking into my 5 story garage... next door to my private drift track. HA in my dreams...

But a lot of the money will be invested into creating a competitive track in NorCal. F*k altamont racepark.

Time to hit it big baby!