S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Why switch motors? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/why-switch-motors-35151/)

72charger 09-27-2006 07:46 PM

Why switch motors?

I scanned through the FAQ's and didn't see anything on this. My question is why switch from a ka24de to a sr20det? Wouldn't it be easier just to rebuild the stock ka and turbo it then have a motor shipped to America and have no earthly idea what condition it is in? I know this is popular so can someone please unraval the mystery behind the all mighty SR20?

And is there any problem with rebuilding the KA for a turbo application? That seems much more practical to me. I really don't have the money to order a used $5,000 motor from japan that may end up needing to be rebuilt which could end up being another $1,500.

240's"r"us 09-27-2006 07:51 PM

no there is know prob. rebuilding the moter. imo the ka-t is the only way to go. the sr can just suck my ballz its to over rated. the ka makes an ass load of tq compared to the sr and i think the ka and sr are just about equal everybody just wants an sr so itll be JdM TyTe

RuizXIII 09-27-2006 08:06 PM

IMO 240's are overated, if you want a real car get a Ford Festiva

MS!3 09-27-2006 08:29 PM

^^^ford fiesta or geo metro:D . but it also depends what you like, sr's can rev to the moon and back and ka's cant. but a ka can launch like crazy with the amount of torque it has. and you also have the ricers that get sr just to be "JDM". :laugh: ... ricers

240's"r"us 09-27-2006 08:32 PM

we have those festiva's everywhere here i ****ing start crackin up when i see one

RuizXIII 09-27-2006 09:16 PM

Originally posted by 1993Coupe
^^^ford fiesta or geo metro:D . but it also depends what you like, sr's can rev to the moon and back and ka's cant. but a ka can launch like crazy with the amount of torque it has. and you also have the ricers that get sr just to be "JDM". :laugh: ... ricers
you hit the nail right on the head 93. It is basically to each's own. both are good motors, both can be really powerful/effective. It all comes down to preference and budget.

Festivias and Metros pWn n00bs!!!!!

silviaks2nr 09-27-2006 09:22 PM

my ka-t>sr
same turbo :D

motegineon 09-27-2006 09:27 PM

If you dont have the money then dont do it, theres lots of reasons why people like the sr over the ka and vice versa, just search until you know your **** and then pick what you want, there are like a million threads on ka vs. sr

RuizXIII 09-27-2006 09:33 PM

KA versus SR
Round 175,546,875
FIGHT!!!

(Street FIghter II voice)

Ayuaddict 09-27-2006 10:03 PM

i personally like the SR more but thats my opinion. the KA is a great engine, very tourquey and strong. but keep in mind, the SR was designed to be in a sports car, where the KA was desinged to pull loads hitched to the back of your frontier. i love the KA and have huge plans for mine, but i think the SR is a more capable, performance oriented motor.

silviaks2nr 09-27-2006 10:17 PM

a turbo ka is a totally different breed yuta

motegineon 09-27-2006 11:35 PM

i realize that both motors are great once built. I have respect for both ka and sr, i chose sr not because i wanted a jdm motor or any ish like that, i personally like the higher revs and its stick (internal wise) capability...the sr bottom end has been proven to 400-500 untouched and that to me is proof of how strong of a motor it is with only a 2.0 displacement...Im not trying to get into a ka sr arguement or nething because i know both motors have potential, im just partial to sr for boost, now if i was going NA it would be a completely different story..

Ayuaddict 09-27-2006 11:59 PM

see, this proves this argument is purely opinion, i respect brian (motegineon) and know that he has a vast knowledge on the subject, yet in my preference i would rather build a turbo KA and a NA SR, purely differing opinions with no right nor wrong.

silviaks2nr 09-28-2006 07:51 AM

YOU ARE SO WRONG BRIAN!
just kidding. opinons are *******s

motegineon 09-28-2006 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
see, this proves this argument is purely opinion, i respect brian (motegineon) and know that he has a vast knowledge on the subject, yet in my preference i would rather build a turbo KA and a NA SR, purely differing opinions with no right nor wrong.
lol then why are you building an NA KA24e??