S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   How Tos / Installations (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/how-tos-installations-48/)
-   -   S13 Front Swaybar Install...for the noobs!!! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/how-tos-installations-48/s13-front-swaybar-install-noobs-39938/)

positron 06-24-2007 01:55 PM

S13 Front Swaybar Install...for the noobs!!!

12 Attachment(s)
When I started my suspension project I was going to get a new aftermarket front swaybar but since the stock endlinks were bent and missing on one side I decided to get new hardware and try out the stock bar's performance before doing so.

Tools needed:
Jack
Jackstands
Socket wrench
17mm socket
15mm socket

Attachment 22077
Stock front swaybar(25mm). I removed my stock front swaybar, cleaned the grime off and sprayed a couple of coats of black on. Looks like new.
Attachment 22078
The stock d-brackets weren't bent so I cleaned, repainted and re-used them as well.
Attachment 22079
New set of stock endlinks, they don't come with any hardware from Nissan. New Energy Suspension swaybar bushings. My old endlinks were in terrible condition, the passenger side endlink was bent up pretty good and the drivers side endlink wasn't even connected to the swaybar.
Attachment 22080
If you get a new bushing kit, use the supplied grease to lube up the swaybar where you put the d-bracket bushings on. Go ahead and put the d-bracket bushings and d-brackets on the bar.
Attachment 22081
Take the swaybar and slide it underneath the front of the car.
Attachment 22082
Insert the new endlinks into the top of the lower control arm.
The bushings and spacers on the endlink go in this order:spacer-bushing-control arm-bushing spacer bottom nut.
Attachment 22083
Tighten with the 15mm socket and torque to 14-22ft.lbs.
Attachment 22084
Insert the top of the endlink thru the swaybar...
Attachment 22085
put the washer and nut on, tighten with the 15mm socket and torque to 30-35ft.lbs.
Attachment 22086
Bolt the swaybar d-bracket to the chassis...
Attachment 22087
torque to 29-36ft.lbs.
Attachment 22088
And you are done!

ryguy 06-24-2007 03:43 PM

Where did you get those sway bar end links, and how much did they cost you? Did you go to the dealership? Autozone and Energy Suspension don't have them. I am doing the same thing right now and just cant find the links.

Biggamehit 06-24-2007 06:11 PM

coolness..........

positron 06-25-2007 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 322667)
Where did you get those sway bar end links, and how much did they cost you? Did you go to the dealership? Autozone and Energy Suspension don't have them. I am doing the same thing right now and just cant find the links.

Nissan part numbers for the front swaybar endlinks: 54618-56S11 Endlinks sway $15.09 ea.
I got them from Nissanparts.cc but you can use that number at any Nissan parts website. They only thing is that they didn't come with any hardware like the three spacers, and the two link nuts. The ones on my original endlinks were either in terrible shape or missing so I went to a junkyard and pulled two endlinks off a junker 240SX and used that hardware.

ryguy 06-25-2007 09:13 AM

Thanks man. I just went to Advance Auto and they have the whole assembly, nuts, spacers, and bushings. I think it's a little more expensive though, like 21 dollars or something.

MS!3 06-25-2007 09:17 AM

nice write up man. i want you to put your car on a lift and take a pic. im sure a bunch of mulitcolored suspension parts would peek out. youve done lots of suspension writeups. lol

Iwanta nismo 06-25-2007 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe (Post 322780)
nice write up man. i want you to put your car on a lift and take a pic. im sure a bunch of mulitcolored suspension parts would peek out. youve done lots of suspension writeups. lol

looks pretty spiffy too =P haha