S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/midwest-28/)
-   -   March 15th & 16th - D/FW (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/midwest-28/march-15th-16th-d-fw-2852/)

GoodFinder 02-07-2003 04:32 PM

March 15th & 16th - D/FW

March 15th & 16th

I thought you'd like to know about some upcoming events taking place on March 15th & 16th.

It all started as a casual conversation in December where some local Subaru enthusiasts wanted to get together on a road course track. It has since blossomed into a full-blown major happening.

The information URL is listed further below, and the first posting in the thread contains the complete event agenda.

The URL is being looked at by a lot of people (over 6,800 views so far and counting). It'll be a fun-filled day with lots of different activities for all import auto enthusiasts. After the trackside group dinner, that evening a bunch of us are going over to TBC Indoor Karting to have some fun on their track, too.

With 37 sponsors (and growing), media (Super 2NR TV!) coverage, and multiple activities taking place during the day, we expect a very good turnout, especially considering all the free prizes and such.

And then on Sunday morning we're doing a backroads country cruise. It will be an "all imports invited" country backroads cruise and should be a lot of fun for everybody.

The cruise will start at the Starbucks (the one at 15th and US 75 in Plano), the first half will be 55 miles long. After the gas + snacks + restroom group stop, the 2nd half will be total 65 miles long, and will include a stop in a nice park setting for group photos with hilly country background. The cruise will end at FIS (Forced Induction Systems) where a "Dyno Day" will be in full swing.

At any rate, I thought I'd jot you this note, to invite you and people you know who might be interested to join the fun. Check out the URL below and let me know what you think!

Regards,

Steve Harvey
"GoodFinder" :)
sharvey@ts.checkpoint.com
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

"Subaru Day at MSR - March 15th"
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=289663

---*---

leiferik1 02-07-2003 04:42 PM

i'd go, but i refuse to go to any car meets with "prove it" written on the hood of my car, and every panel of my car defaced with ugly scratches

and seeing as i dont have the money to get it painted....i'm ****ed

GoodFinder 03-02-2003 06:37 PM

Just a quick reminder that everyone's invited to the upcoming events on both March 15th & 16th.

Come on out to MotorSport Ranch during the day Saturday the 15th to join in all the activities and enter the free prizes drawing. We'll have several video crews taping during the event, so there's no telling where you and your ride might show up!

"2NR TV" on TNN will be including coverage of the event, and we have a custom event DVD that'll be made which includes lots of video of the people, cars, and activities.

And, if you want to join us in the Group Dinner at the track that Saturday pm, note the PayPal RSVP instructions in the below event URL (especially since I've got to call in the count later this week so they know how much food to bring out for the trackside catering).

The Sunday morning (March 16th) cruise should be a lot of fun, too. The more the merrier, this has turned into a full-featured weekend celebration for all import auto enthusiasts.

With over 10,600 views of the posting (URL listed below), over 45 sponsors, and lots of free prizes available for everybody who shows up to be in the drawing for, we expect a really great turnout.

If you have any questions or comments, please email me or post here, and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Hope to see many of you there!

Best regards,

Steve Harvey
GoodFinder :)

"MotorSport Ranch - March 15th"

GoodFinder 03-05-2003 05:54 AM

Just to make sure it is all clear, the activities on Saturday (during the day) are at MotorSport Ranch. We're in the process of locking down the exact start time of the first classroom session, but it should be around 12:00pm noon. Directions to MSR are listed further below. The prizes drawing will take place at the end of the afternoon. On Saturday evening, some of us will get together at TBC Indoor Kart Racing in Dallas.

Now, the backroads country cruise on Sunday starts at the Starbucks in Plano located on 15th Street just west of US 75 (next door to the Barns & Noble bookstore). The arrival window is 8:00am to 8:30am, and then we will start the Sunday morning cruise at 8:30am sharp.

Directions to MSR - "The MotorSport Ranch is located southwest of Ft. Worth, Texas. Proceed south on Highway 377 from Fort Worth. After 14 miles southwest from Loop 820, you will come to a traffic light at the intersection of Highway 171 in the town of Cresson. Proceed straight through the light approximately 1/2 mile further. The entrance to the MotorSport Ranch is on the left, just before the divided highway begins. Turn left onto the access road and proceed to the top of the hill."

Hope to see you there!

GoodFinder 03-07-2003 05:19 PM

Remember, it's a week away, the two events, on Saturday March 15th at MotorSport Ranch, and Sunday March 16th at the Starbucks in Plano on 15th just west of US 75.

So you also know, for the Saturday event at MotorSport Ranch, I'm pleased to announce that Quizno's Granbury will be providing trackside vending of their fine Quizno's products starting in the late morning and throughout the afternoon. They'll have a variety of sandwiches along with chips, cookies, and assortment of drinks for sale. A neat feature of this arrangement is a virtual supply of food ... if sales are brisk, they'll keep a close eye on food inventory, and they can have quick supply runs brought in from the main Granbury Quizno's location. This will be very nice to have right there at the track for everybody!

We're doing everything possible to make sure there's plenty of food, fun, and festivities for everybody who shows up. If you haven't checked the Event Information URL (listed below) in a while, give it a click and see the updated event overview in the first posting at the top of Page 1.

Note, the official "start time" for the Saturday (15th) event kicks off at 12:30pm with the first agenda item which is the first classroom performance driving instruction session. It will be held in the 2nd floor classroom in the main clubhouse building. You can arrive a bit earlier in the day if you like and most of the vendors and hospitality tents and such should be set up by around 12:00pm noon. But, just to be clear, the official start time for the event is at 12:30pm when the first classroom performance driving instruction session starts. Remember the classroom sessions are free and open to everybody to attend and learn. Hope to see you there!

Steve Harvey

"March 15th & 16th Event Information"

GoodFinder 03-12-2003 05:41 AM

Update!

It's good news that the weather forecast is looking pretty decent for all day Saturday (at MotorSport Ranch) and Sunday morning too (for the cruise).

Regarding the Saturday, March 15th events at MotorSport Ranch, everybody is invited to come out, and we hope to see you there!

For the Sunday, March 16th, Backroads Country Cruise, I posted updated route instructions in the primary events URL (listed below). We'll have hardcopy of the route to hand out at the start of the cruise, but we wanted to go ahead and post it there for those of you who want to know "ahead of time" the exact route we'll be taking. Some additional notes on the cruise:

() Make sure your car is in good working condition and that you arrive with a full tank of gas! Also, if you have any of the FMRS radios, feel free to bring those too, as we'll use a primary and backup channel for cruise dialog.

() In general, when it makes sense, feel free to drive in multiple lanes rather than single file, especially to make it through lights as we first depart the city.

() Also, we really really are going to be taking a nice cruise in the country, it's not high speed runs, there are a few places we can open it up a touch, Debbie (my wife) and I will be in the lead in the WRX and set the overall pace (plus we know the route very well).

() We'll start at the Starbucks on 15th just west of US 75 in Plano (located next to the Barnes & Noble). Arrival time is from 8:00am to 8:30am, and we'll leave Starbucks to start the cruise at 8:30am sharp.

() The total time should be something like 3 hours or so. Could be a touch less, might be a bit more, just depends on traffic (sometimes there are some slower country drivers out there, remember this is not a race, just a cruise), plus however much time we take at the "pit stop" and the photo shoot in the park.

Also, if you want to join this Sunday morning cruise, you'll need to present your drivers license and also a copy of your insurance when you are picking up the map. No Exceptions!!! We STRONGLY urge you to abide by all applicable traffic laws while participating in the Sunday morning cruise. Let's keep it safe, legal, and fun for all.

Steve :)

Steve Harvey
"GoodFinder"
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

"Primary Event URL for March 15th & 16th"

GoodFinder 03-12-2003 05:22 PM

Some Additional Event Updates
-----------------------------

Here are some updates on three topics: (1) directions, (2) car show, and (3) availability of activities to participate in. So without further ado, here is the information on these 3 topics:

(1) Directions - Although I don't have the exact street address for MotorSport Ranch, here are some directions: "The MotorSport Ranch is located southwest of Ft. Worth, Texas. Proceed south on Highway 377 from Fort Worth. After 14 miles southwest from Loop 820, you will come to a traffic light at the intersection of Highway 171 in the town of Cresson. Proceed straight through the light approximately 1/2 mile further. The entrance to the MotorSport Ranch is on the left, just before the divided highway begins. Turn left onto the access road and proceed to the top of the hill."

(2) Everybody loves a Car Show! - You can see the full details in the event URL at the top of page 21. But I wanted to let you know that everybody is invited to enter their ride, and here are the ten categories:

* Most Tricked Out
* Nicest Legs (best wheels)
* Best Personalized Plates
* Most Stickers
* Worst Complexion (most body damage)
* Toughest Looking
* Best Complexion (best non-factory paint job)
* The Mucky Award (for the muddiest and filthiest Car)
* Funky Like a Chicken Award (for the weirdest car that is off the wall out of the ordinary)
* Best of Show (the one you'd like to take home if you could)

We're gonna have some fun with this, aren't we!

(3) Here is a recap of the activities and their current status and availability:

** Available at MotorSport Ranch on Saturday for All to Participate at No Charge
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
() Classroom performance driving instruction sessions
() SkidCross
() Prizes drawing
... General Pool - first 450 people will receive an entry form
... Track Event Pool - the 32 drivers will each receive an entry
... Subaru Owners Pool - first 250 Subaru owners will receive an entry form
() Car Show
() Mix 'n mingle
() Vendor booths & hospitality tents
() Media coverage
() Swap Meet
() Cars for sale

** TBD
------
() Technical Presentations

** Available for Sign-Up
------------------------
() Event DVD (pre-event price $15 / copy)

** Optional Events
------------------
() Quizno's will be trackside vending their food products
() TBC Indoor Karting on Saturday evening in Dallas
() Sunday morning backroads country cruise
() Hang out on Sunday to check the action at FIS Dyno Day

** Sold Out
-----------
() T-Shirts
() Track Event
() Group Dinner

Well, thanks for wading through another long posting here.

We sure hope to see you at MotorSport Ranch this Saturday!

"Primary Event URL for March 15th & 16th"