S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Does anyone make the header I need??? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/does-anyone-make-header-i-need-42417/)

eroc263 12-18-2007 08:28 PM

Does anyone make the header I need???

I am looking for a new header to replace my crappy leaking one. I have narrowed my never ending exhaust leak problem down to the lack of any flex pipe in my exhaust system. The Apex Dual N1 doesn't have a flex section and neither does the header. Does anyone make a header with a flex section close to the 2-bolt flange where it meets the converter? Also, I was thinking I could get a piece of flex pipe welded inline on my cat back right after the converter flange. Has anyone else with no flex pipe ran into this issue? I have been fighting this exhaust leak problem since the day I bought the car and it always pops back up. I just think that the flex sections will give the exhaust system a little play so that it's not a rigid solid piece:dunno: .

eroc263 12-20-2007 08:55 PM

Bump for some help. Anyone???:help:

jramosthe1st! 12-20-2007 09:06 PM

no
you'll need to fab something.

BigVinnie 12-20-2007 09:47 PM

No get a good brand header... Flex pipe??? Are you serious? Do you know how hot the exhaust temprature gets too? Get a solidfreakin HEADER!!!

eroc263 12-21-2007 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie (Post 348655)
No get a good brand header... Flex pipe??? Are you serious? Do you know how hot the exhaust temprature gets too? Get a solidfreakin HEADER!!!

Well I know it gets pretty hot as much as 1000+ degrees at times but there are plenty of companies that have this for the same reason I am facing. My exhaust requires quite a bit of effort to get everything lined up and I believe that that is the reason my exhaust develops leaks b/c of flanges warping. Most companies have the flex at the end of the header near the flange or collector. Cat backs normally have it right after the flange at the converter. I think my Apex piping is steel and I think I can find a short flex piece to go in line right after my test pipe. I have a Hotshot header and I think i'm going to replace it with a new one so hopefully this will fix my problem. Every good brand header i've seen is solid like next so we'll see which one I choose. Not looking to break the bank since I want to go KA-T later in about a year and a half or two. I'll post my findings later.

BigVinnie 12-21-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by eroc263 (Post 348684)
Well I know it gets pretty hot as much as 1000+ degrees at times but there are plenty of companies that have this for the same reason I am facing. My exhaust requires quite a bit of effort to get everything lined up and I believe that that is the reason my exhaust develops leaks b/c of flanges warping. Most companies have the flex at the end of the header near the flange or collector. Cat backs normally have it right after the flange at the converter. I think my Apex piping is steel and I think I can find a short flex piece to go in line right after my test pipe. I have a Hotshot header and I think i'm going to replace it with a new one so hopefully this will fix my problem. Every good brand header i've seen is solid like next so we'll see which one I choose. Not looking to break the bank since I want to go KA-T later in about a year and a half or two. I'll post my findings later.

I honestly don't know what your talking about. I own a dc sports header that fits for OBD1 and OBD2 engines and has no flex pipe. Many brands do not use the flex pipe such as OBX Psuedo, and even pacesetter, I think Megan racing is the only company that does that, and well..... I just think it's ghetto, and will rupture at anytime.

jramosthe1st! 12-21-2007 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie (Post 348691)
I honestly don't know what your talking about. I own a dc sports header that fits for OBD1 and OBD2 engines and has no flex pipe. Many brands do not use the flex pipe such as OBX Psuedo, and even pacesetter, I think Megan racing is the only company that does that, and well..... I just think it's ghetto, and will rupture at anytime.

it might have more to do with the bends in the down pipe section of the header that's giving him trouble.

i had something similar happen with my obx header not quite lining up with the cat. it was just a matter of loosening some bolts and sliding the mount for it some. flex pipe is not needed.

eroc263 12-21-2007 12:10 PM

Oh believe me, I have tried to loosen everything up to get it all to line up right. I think either the catback is bent or the header is b/c it takes about all I have to get it lined up and tightened. I'll get the header first and if that still doesn't fix the problem I'll get the cat back. Funny thing is nothing appears to have taken a hit that would cause such a misalignment.