S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Engine shaking side to side??? HELP (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/engine-shaking-side-side-help-23813/)

Komedy 06-19-2005 05:09 PM

Engine shaking side to side??? HELP

my 91' KA is automatic. what causes the engine to shake side to side so violently??

ive checked motor mounts
changed spark plugs
spark plug wires
distrubitor cap.

for some reason the motor stops shaking when i pull off the second spark plug wire.
starts shaking violently when i plug it back in.

can it be my timing?

please help, need car to get to work.

wikd240 06-20-2005 03:13 AM

you are miss firing for some reason... it could be your timing is all messed up... or your plug wires are in the wrong spot... re check your firing order and then check your timing...

Joel SX 06-20-2005 11:51 AM

It could be the timing or the wires like wikd240 said. other reason might be that there's somethign wrong with a valve or fuel to that piston making it act erradicly. If everything fails, take it to mr. mechanick and he'll change a cable to some other place for 400$......dam mechanicks allways riping people off for silly S**t. If the problem was after you changed the wires, then its defenetly the wires, or wiring. if it was before then it can be that or more serius. my dad sold this ugly ford probe becuz it was shaking out of control from 1.3K to 3K and the mechanick said that it was a valve not sitting right or something with the valves and that they had to take the head off and all the seals and posibly a spring set, wich was a inmense amount to pay for a 86 ford. He sold it saying it needed spark plug wires. If thats your case then you might want to take the oportunity to upgrade to some racing spring valves and all you can afford now while they are taking it apart. Good luck!!

chiroke 06-20-2005 03:51 PM

umm broken motor mount??

wikd240 06-21-2005 03:16 AM

ummm... did you read the part where he checked the motor mount??? that was listed above so i did not say anything about it... a busted motor mount will allow the motor to jump under acceleration more than make it shake...

BigVinnie 06-22-2005 11:15 PM

If it is a rough unbalanced idle it could be a VACUUM line it's that simple.....................

ReigH 06-22-2005 11:29 PM

it could be a bad fuel injector

Komedy 06-23-2005 04:51 PM

yup 3rd fuel injector. changed it, now its all good

Komedy 06-23-2005 04:52 PM

anyone know of a good place that sells sr20dets and install for a good price in so cal???

nsn240 06-23-2005 07:15 PM

^ why did you post that in here?

Fast1One 06-23-2005 07:17 PM

To kill two birds with one stone lol....Hes right though...search for your answer first then post another thread. Im sure you shouldnt have too, it sounds like a common question.

tryiian 06-24-2005 04:48 AM

Shouldnt there be billboards, tv/radio ads, and sidewalk vendors selling T-shirts all mentioning where to get/install Japanese market engine in California (south esp.) by now? Have you guys still not managed to win the fight against the legal system with smog and all that, yet?

Mr. guy, just stop the next S chassis you hear driving by that makes a nice whistle and goes "psh" and ask him where to go. I`m sure they can`t be that hard to find.