S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Exhaust.. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/exhaust-7708/)

esthirteen 11-25-2003 07:51 AM

Exhaust..

Ok, so i just bought my car and it has a hole in the resonator, so it makes it loud and it backfires alot. Not enough backpressure on motor. Anywayz i know that apexi, hks, and 5zigen all make exhausts. i was wondering which one would be the best and if there are any more companies that make echausts for a '90 SE. Also if you have any links to sound clips it would be grately appreciated.

Jonas 11-25-2003 09:51 AM

well, i had this japanese website that had fuggin 5 million vidfeo clips of different exhausts on Sr'd cars and other nissans etc etc... basically i lost it though...

now when you say BEST exhaust for your car.. do you mean performance wise... looks... or what...

iam assuming you still have the KA so i would go do any super large piping unless you are planning to go turbo in the future...

-HyJynX- 11-25-2003 10:18 AM

yep just like jonas said, if ur N/A you should go more then 2.5". Its always a good idea if you get a univerasal muffler and do your own piping at a exhaust shop. Pretty cheap from what i hear and it aint that bad of a exhaust. If you turbo later on then 3" piping or up will do better

Bryan 11-25-2003 10:33 AM

If you wanna see what some exhausts for the 240 look like I would suggest going HERE. I've posted pics and names and if you want more info on the exhausts you could always type the name in any search engine and probably get all the info you need.

drnovascotia 11-25-2003 12:38 PM

yeah, you did one hell of a job, i'd suggest cutting and pasting it into the FAQ's, because thats a common question, or send it to hyjnx and let him add comments and such to it.

Dr.

Bryan 11-25-2003 02:51 PM

I'm gonna go through and get the piping sizes for all of them and then I'll post it in the faq section, but I think I'm gonna go take a nap now because I gotta work tonight and I am beat to hell:thumb:

Jonas 11-25-2003 03:32 PM

yeah i forgot the whole make you own exhaust deal... i have hook ups on pipes of every sort.. stainless, mild, whatever.. basicalyl i ge it cheap and in bundles...

if u want... put up som e 2.5 pipings for now, later on chop it off and weld on the new 3inch.. basically some people think its ricer but you knwo what... a pipe if a fuggin pipe...

esthirteen 11-26-2003 05:39 AM

so basically the best thing to do is buy a muffler and have a good shop do the piping for me. nothing bigger than 2.5?

esthirteen 11-26-2003 05:58 AM

Originally posted by Jonas
now when you say BEST exhaust for your car.. do you mean performance wise... looks... or what...

iam assuming you still have the KA so i would go do any super large piping unless you are planning to go turbo in the future...

Well, i want something that performs good and isnt super loud, but also i want something that would look good.

Yes i still have the KA, and in the future i do plan on going with the SR, but probably not for awhile.

Jonas 11-26-2003 08:05 AM

well first off... get a quote on how much a shop will make your piping for.. if its almost equivalent to one of HKS or Apexi etc et then obviously go with the aftermarket...

esthirteen 12-01-2003 08:47 AM

yea, but there isnt any good shops around here, the closest one is about 45 minutes away. I would probably end up going with the aftermarket exhaust anyways, because it is already tuned to the specific application that it is made for. Wouldnt really want to go through the whole thing with the shops doing it for me anyways.