S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   I <3 my ka but I'm about to beat it (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/i-3-my-ka-but-im-about-beat-47050/)

1SXY240 08-05-2010 01:02 PM

I <3 my ka but I'm about to beat it

I have had my car for about 2 years, and I don't know if it's just the Texas heat(I don't want to write it off as that excuse) but I have NEVER been able to keep this car cool in the summer, it ALWAYS heats up. I have a new oem radiator from when the engine was rebuilt(dec of 08) and I have used the mechanical fan with full fan shroud, that huge taurus fan, and as of yesterday, twin altima fans, nothing seems to help, after about 10 minutes of driving, she starts heating up.

I think it might be due to me removing all of the aluminum hoses from under the intake manifold, I removed all egr and evap stuff so I decided to remove the whole aluminum piece. I bought a hose and went from the heatercore straight to the thermostat house(I am not looking at the car but I think that's where it goes), I also removed the coolant lines to the throttle body. I have a 50/50 mixture, and I have bled the coolant system using the little 10mm bolt at the top of the intake manifold, none of the hoses have kinks or blocks. Do anyone have any ideas or input? I plan on buying a koyo or griffin radiator but for the time being I am trying to slow it down or stop it as much as possible, thatnks for all the advice.

driftapimp 08-06-2010 07:37 PM

combustion leakin into coolant ka's do that alot...

jramosthe1st! 08-06-2010 08:01 PM

what makes you so sure that it's over heating?

1SXY240 08-07-2010 05:10 PM

the temp goes up, but after 7-8 at night it runs at a normal steady temp. Could the sensor be bad? and for some reason not raise up during the "coolish" hours of the night?

jramosthe1st! 08-07-2010 09:03 PM

if there hasn't been any boiling over, i'd suspect that the temp sensor is bad. that may or may not be the case but that's what i suspect at this point. there are other possible cailprite such as the; thermostat, water pump, and radiator cap but right now i think it's the sensor that's bad.

sav180 08-14-2010 08:29 PM

u ever try that water wetter stuff it help mine out...ooh when u fushed the coolant out did u flush it out by just the rad or did u take that plug out of the side of the block to???

sav180 08-14-2010 08:31 PM

jus in case u dont kno what im talkin about there is a plug under the header and in the area around the motor mount .square shaped plug..thats a coolant plug on the block

1SXY240 08-17-2010 03:52 PM

no I didn't know about that plug, and the radiator cap has been replaced, I thought water pump also, but I will get my radiator soon and I will see where things go from there, also no I haven't put that water wetter stuff in but I have some at the house I am planning on using when I put the new radiator in

jramosthe1st! 08-17-2010 08:33 PM

if you already have a 50/50 mix, don't expect water wetter to do much.

1SXY240 08-18-2010 09:13 AM

mkay, I didn't want to really "rely" on that to solve my problem anyway

1SXY240 09-29-2010 06:36 PM

I have a new issue with my ka. the heating up has stopped I assume to the temp here getting cooler. The issue started about 3 weeks ago when i would be driving and the car would randomly hesitate, like lose all power rpm-wise, like I was off the throttle. I started trying to figure it out but I couldn't find anything.

Now, the problem has gotten bigger. My car now does this hesitation all the time. When I lightly press on the gas sometimes with will hesitate, and sometimes it will drive like normal. but it has become like 75% of the time a hesitation. When I go WOT the car ALWAYS hesitates. It's weird though, the engine sounds like it is trying hard to move, the exhaust gets loud like it is under a big load, yet the car isn't moving up in rpms very fast at all. When I was driving down the highway, I was going about 60 mph, then a hill came, a light grade, and I pushed on the gas a little more yet I was losing speed, I put it into fourth and still losing speed. It's like it having a huge trailer behind me. the car is also running EXTREMELY rich.

Any ideas? lol.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

jramosthe1st! 09-29-2010 09:46 PM

i have several ideas about what it could be, but you'd be better off checking for codes first.

1SXY240 10-05-2010 06:14 PM

I have TONS of codes.
P0100 - MAF or VAF A Circuit Malfunction
P0115 - Engine Coolant Temp Malfunction
P0505 - Idle Control System Malfunction
P1401 - (Manufacturer Specific - Don't Know)
P0110 - IAT Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
P1400 - (Manufacturer Specific - Don't Know)

The coolant code is due to me not having a thermostat, it has been on for awhile. If one of the codes if for EVAP or EGR, it's because that is not on the car and hasn't been for over a year.