S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   iacv crossreferance (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/iacv-crossreferance-40465/)

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 10:45 AM

iacv crossreferance

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/DSCF0178.jpg
this right here is the cause of about 90% of our engine performance problems. and now mine too has gone bad. i tried replacing it with one of another nissan but no luck. now my car idles a 2k rpms, i figured that since the resistance read the same is should work.

now rather than dish out the $150 it costs i was wondering if anyone knew of a web site, or anyway to cross reference to see what cars used the same part.

bucket240 07-28-2007 11:49 AM

???? what is that??

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 12:07 PM

it's the acc valve that adjust the air.
here's the complete part.
http://www.autozone.com/R,APP462310/...ductDetail.htm

BigVinnie 07-28-2007 12:54 PM

Fu%K I hate the AAC(IACV) units on these damn engines. I ran throttle body cleaner through my hoses and it ran fine for a while. My girlfriend wrecked here Murano so it's in the shop. She's been driving the 240 claiming that it stalls and idle fluctuates at red lights. GDANG IACV's!!!!

Yeah man I will look through some reference numbers for you. Do you prefer OEM or after market??? Or is it just where you can get a good price??

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 01:04 PM

i just want something functional and cheap. for my car there are 4 that supposedly work. the all have the fist few numbers (23781) then the numbers will be 40f06,40f16,40f07 or 40f17. i need the valve ending with 40f16.

i cleaned it first hoping it would fix it but it didn't so i checked the resistance and nothing it was dead. i took it apart and got it to work for a while.

BigVinnie 07-28-2007 01:47 PM

I'll call monument auto parts they have after market at good prices.

BigVinnie 07-28-2007 01:54 PM

Called monument.. This really sucks....
AC Delco runs for $186.95 special order
Standard OEM runs for $153.84 special order as well.
I'll call a couple other places.

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 02:06 PM

i wounder if the nissan dealership sell the aac valve alone and not the entire assembly. i've have to wait till monday to find out. but what i really want is too see if i can take that same part off of another from a wrecking yard.

it would have to be from another nissan because there isn't a single 240 around here.

but new so far the cheapest i found was wells for like $150 after taxes but i cant get it until the 2nd of next month.

BigVinnie 07-28-2007 02:42 PM

I would say to go to an auto wrecker and take your tester, test one of them and probably get it for under $50... There has to be one somewhere.. I have 2 of them but they are for DOHC engines, there just sitting in my storage.

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 03:08 PM

yeah that's what i'll probably have to do. i have another acc valve but the numbers are different. i took it off a parts car i had along the ecu. i'm temped to swap the ecu and see what happens.

when i installed the aac from the my parts car the rpms go up to 2k and stay there. the aac and ecu are from a manual but i've read that i can swap them. do you what ecus are interchangeable. my current one #10 and i have a #11.

i just wish it wasn't so hot out side it's not easy working in the direct sun for a few hours.

jramosthe1st! 07-28-2007 08:27 PM

great news everyone!

time for a quick recap. the aac valve on the iacv went died on me causing terrible engine performance. a new one costs from $150-$225, so i got one from a wrecking yard with the same resistance.

the one in the pic happens to be from a '87 nissan maxima. when i first installed it the car fired up fine but the rpm would immediately rise to 2k and stay there. i had a hunch so i let the car reach normal operation temp, drove it for a few minutes and parked it. i let it cool off the turned it on again and what do you know it all good to go.

thanks vinnie for helping me look around for the iacv, fortunately i don't need it any more.:spin:

BigVinnie 07-28-2007 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 327932)
great news everyone!

time for a quick recap. the aac valve on the iacv went died on me causing terrible engine performance. a new one costs from $150-$225, so i got one from a wrecking yard with the same resistance.

the one in the pic happens to be from a '87 nissan maxima. when i first installed it the car fired up fine but the rpm would immediately rise to 2k and stay there. i had a hunch so i let the car reach normal operation temp, drove it for a few minutes and parked it. i let it cool off the turned it on again and what do you know it all good to go.

thanks vinnie for helping me look around for the iacv, fortunately i don't need it any more.:spin:

Thats good to know so do you know if that AAC valve that you are using is the same one for the 86-89 300zx's as well?

jramosthe1st! 07-29-2007 08:30 AM

i don't think they are the same on the 300sx. i saw 2 300s while i was at the wrecking yard. i think they were '86s but iirc the aac was totally different.

the main thing is that the resistance be the same. i mean if the part is physically and electronically identical it shouldn't matter if the numbers are the same or not.