S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Injectors won't open...help (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/injectors-wont-open-help-46465/)

fanmanflex 10-24-2009 11:58 AM

Injectors won't open...help

Just rebuilt my ka back to stock and it won't start. Didn't fire before i pulled it though either.

Deleted emmisions, ac etc. I'm not getting any injector pulse, theres 12v constant to the injectors but the ground isn't switching. tried noid light testers and no light. Fuel pump is running and pushing fuel through the rail and out the return.

I tried different ground spots and running some straight to the battery, i was thinking crank angle sensor from things i've read but it gets spark and starts with starting fluid. so i'm just not sure.

any test i can do to test the cas with a mulimeter or other sensors that might contribute to the symptom?

jramosthe1st! 10-24-2009 12:46 PM

i always like to backtrack. so when was the last time it stared, and have you done anything other than what you've already mentioned?

fanmanflex 10-24-2009 01:31 PM

the last time it started was the middle of last winter. it had trouble starting in the cold then just quit so it sat till spring cause i didn't have a place inside to work. same thing was going on though, no fuel. i deleted egr and avi, ac, windshield washer res. and pwr steering. haven't really tried a whole lot. like i said tried grounding different grounds right to the batt. tried different relays and some new fuses. reset the comp by disconnecting batt. nothing major, no replaced sensors or anything.

Nickmerrone 10-24-2009 03:16 PM

replace them. thats what i did.

fanmanflex 10-24-2009 03:24 PM

replace what? the injectors? i don't think those are bad, never really heard of all injectors failing all at once, my friend also brought them to his school and tested them on the injector testing machine and they all sprayed fine. although he couldn't exactly test the electronics in them just that they spray good

Nickmerrone 10-24-2009 03:29 PM

**** you know what. i just read the OP. and uhhh you had the manifold out, right? is both grounds bolted down?

EDIT; i failed again. i really need to start reading original posts.

Biggamehit 10-24-2009 04:58 PM

Are your fuel lines hooked up correctly.... also run a ecu code check just to see what codes pop up... I say this all the time... because it should be your first step when going into advance trouble shooting..

fanmanflex 10-25-2009 09:34 AM

yeah my friend had hooked them up backwards to begin with but now the feed goes to the front and return to the back. i was gonna try checking codes but i didn't know if obd1 really had that much it would give you for codes. plus it hasn't started in 8 months so the codes are probably reset or am i wrong?

jramosthe1st! 10-25-2009 05:30 PM

yes the codes probably have been reset, but considering you've tried starting it recently there's a chance you'll have a code that's been registering ever since.

fanmanflex 10-25-2009 05:44 PM

ok i can try and get my hands on a code reader and try that out.