S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   KA Injection recommendations (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/ka-injection-recommendations-43362/)

Ratchet 03-23-2008 08:51 PM

KA Injection recommendations

so i want to run some SR injectors .
has anyone ran this set up ??

also....
i want to keep my engine N/A . soo im looking for CC recommendations

any advice is muc appreciated .

ryguy 03-24-2008 09:16 PM

TONS of people run SR injectors on KA-Ts. They are 370cc, up from the stock 260 (?) cc ones. Just search, you will find more info. N/A is a waste though at the kinds of numbers that will need bigger injectors.

BigVinnie 03-29-2008 09:12 AM

On the KA if you are going to use the 370cc inectors you will need the following...
Atleast an SAFC
lobier cams
and some headwork
Stock 270cc injectors will make out at about 185-190WHP if your not making those kind of numbers yet there would be no need to upgrade.

RMS13FU 05-07-2008 09:47 AM

Or.. you can run 370cc injectors, not ECU or engine mods and only burn E85 through it...

Unleaded gas with run too rich...

BigVinnie 05-12-2008 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by RMS13FU (Post 365259)
Or.. you can run 370cc injectors, not ECU or engine mods and only burn E85 through it...

Unleaded gas with run too rich...

E85 doesn't work well on our engines, it corrodes aluminum.

RMS13FU 05-13-2008 10:51 AM

Works great, been running it for a year, no adverse effects.

E85 isn't pure Ethanol, there is enough unleaded in it to keep things from corroding

240-kid 05-15-2008 02:12 AM

E85 FTW, more power, less emissions :)

BigVinnie 05-15-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by 240-kid (Post 365870)

Actually ethanol is a 1/3 less in power than unleaded fuel, you can tell by MPG. The only bio fuel comparable to the energy BTU of gasoline is bio diesel, and there are still issues with that because, bio diesel burns out nitrile injectors, and it's LHV also eats away at catylitic converters slowly, although it is comparable to gasoline at 99 Octane.
Ethanol isn't any better either because through the catylitic process it makes ammonia and acids.

Believe me the process for bio products is no where near perfection yet.
I know because I sell bio-diesel, and sell the manufacturing system to restaurants (remove there Grease). Vegetable oil is way better than pork fat, it has less triglycerides.

NiSmO Knight 05-16-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 240-kid (Post 365870)

While some people claim that E85 has more power, its not true. Like Vince said, you go through that stuff like water.

Not to mention the fact that many companies who jumped on the E85 band wagon decided to use an ineffective graph to show emissions output. A Stanford research group discovered that once you put it on an actual 3D graph that is more similar to real life, E85 pollutes just as much as regular petrol does (if not slightly more)

There are different forms of E85, but fact is, no one wants to spend a dime on research. Sugar cane E85 is a better alternative to corn, but companies dont really care about that.

Back on subject, what are the power gains you are looking to achieve? That is also something you must look into while choosing injectors.

BigVinnie 05-17-2008 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight (Post 365983)
Not to mention the fact that many companies who jumped on the E85 band wagon decided to use an ineffective graph to show emissions output. A Stanford research group discovered that once you put it on an actual 3D graph that is more similar to real life, E85 pollutes just as much as regular petrol does (if not slightly more)

There are different forms of E85, but fact is, no one wants to spend a dime on research. Sugar cane E85 is a better alternative to corn, but companies dont really care about that.

Honestly brazil researchers did a study on hemp (marijuana) and found it to be the highest in energy content.
Henry Ford made hemp oil and hemp ethanol to power his engines before the petroleum industry took over.
In california Arnold Schwarzenegger deemed the hemp plant illegal for production, this was mostly lobbied with the petroleum, and cotton industries.

NiSmO Knight 05-19-2008 11:59 PM

Funny how hemp does wonders as an alternative fuel. I heard about hemp being a better alternative to cotton for making rope. Oh well, I guess big corporations will do what they need to to stay on top.