S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Ka24de runs like poo out of nowhere (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/ka24de-runs-like-poo-out-nowhere-43168/)

Sillybanshee 03-02-2008 05:47 PM

Ka24de runs like poo out of nowhere

Today i started my car and my whole car was shaking. I immediatly turned it off fearing something bad would happen. So i asked my dad what could be wrong he said just let it warm up and it will be fine, but it didnt get better. i drove @ least 20 miles today and my performance was horrible. It sounds to me like its running low on 1 or 2 cyl. the exhaust sounds like its just puttering, it has a rough but non dieing idle at anywhere from 500-700 rpm. When i got home i checked the spark plugs and my front two were hardly tight and oil was leaking through.i retightened them and drove some more but still i had the same s****y performance. i checked the pressure of each piston and all were above 100-110 psi. so i figured that i wasnt losing a cyl. but i then bought new plugs just to make sure that wasnt it but still it acted the same. So if anyone could tell me what they think could b my problem. and how i can fix it. any help will be greatly appreciated.:help:

MS!3 03-02-2008 06:24 PM

yea, outta nowhere problems suck. What did you do the day before this happened? Any hard driving,ect?

what was the exact comp numbers? you want at least 150 across.

Sillybanshee 03-02-2008 07:14 PM

front cyl. 102psi 2nd. 100psi 3rd. 112psi rear 108psi, normal driving maybe and a good 15sec redline burnout. but then drove normally after that. the day before i got stuck in snow and while rocking the car out there was a loud pop under the hood. it was fine for the whole day though. maybe an injector?

MS!3 03-02-2008 07:45 PM

damn, your comp is hella low. Time for a rebuild/new motor.

Sillybanshee 03-03-2008 09:34 AM

eff word!!! w/e ill convince my dad to get me a new motor or sickly build this one up.... but then i have no car...

Sillybanshee 03-03-2008 11:43 AM

So i was talking to my friend. and he told me to pull the clip on each injector one @ a time. and i found out my front cyl is gone. so i kno for sure its all about that one. but what now?

dkdeleon 03-07-2008 11:42 PM

might be just a bad injector

derrick_240 03-16-2008 11:19 AM

this happened to my honda, i got it running just to find out that the motor blew.
stupid hondas :(
so i bet you did loose that one piston cause my car did the exact same. and burned oil like crazy

crazydrifter 03-16-2008 01:51 PM

the same exact thing happen to me, it was a bad injector, but i just ended up getting a sr instead of paying 400 bucks for new injectors

Sillybanshee 03-27-2008 03:50 PM

I solved it, i bought used injectors off my buddy that pulled them from a s13 ka. and i pulled out mine that was bad put in on that i took off from the ones i bought and worked properly. i found out that the injectors i had were from jegs and a huge p.o.s so i swapped out the remaining 3 and the car runs alot better. I dont kno how that injector failed mayb it froze and never fixed itself or what, but im happy now its all good.