NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

my cranky ka!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:27 PM

my cranky ka!!!!!

Ok so my engine in my new 240 is running like trash. Really crappy idle, shaky, and has no low end power what so ever. I mean whatever.
When the engine is cold the low end power is better, but after it gets warmed up.. forget it.
So I changed plugs, wires, cleaned the rotor, and set my timing. The idle was a litttle better but not much.
So I started pulling wires while the engine was running. When I pulled the wires they all started to kill the engine but the 3rd cylinder. So I have issues there apperantly. No smoke comming out of the engine.. So Im not burning oil or fuel.. I want to get a compression test tonight to help me further diagnose..
I am really hoping it is something as simple as a valve sticking so I have no compression whatso ever in that cylinder. Any other thoughts?? I think that if the piston ring was toast it would have some compression and I would burn oil right?
The engine is a 91 with only 120k.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 PM

Sounds like more of an emissions problem than anything else.... Is all your EGR equipment hooked up????
Old 10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Contributing Member

how shaky are talking about? does the shifter shake violently when the car is is idle and in neutral? is it shaking when cold too?

check if 3rd is getting fuel also